- Developer Programs - beta
To help our developers monetize better through Samsung Apps,
we have created 3 new programs to expand developer’s market,
help with marketing, and reward the developers for
good quality apps.
Announcing the Localization Program!
For developer’s successful advance to global market Samsung now offers
localization service-beta. Through the program, you can now offer your products
to more people in selected countries.
Supporting developers by translating app description & content into 4 to 5
languages depending on the input language.
Languages to be translated into: Korean, Chinese, Russian, English and Spanish
- App description: 250 words or less
- App contents: 750 words or less
Requirement: Must be paid or In-App purchase apps
- Applications currently under development. (Must send app plan & Prototype)
- Apps that have been launched but is in only 1 language
- The developer should upload the app to Samsung apps within 2 weeks after receiving the translated files.
Beta Program: Until Jan. 31, 2013
The service will be open to selected developers who meet designated app criteria during the beta stage.
NoteWhen applying for the Localization Program, developers must abide the following
- The developers must upload the app to Samsung Apps within 2 weeks
- Not allowed to upload the app to any other app store for 3 months (Exclusivity)
- The apps receiving the service during the pilot stage may be limited topaid apps or apps with IAP
- Please read the Terms and conditions below
- Click on the ‘download’ button to download the translation template
- Fill out the template and send email to email@example.com with [Localization] in the subject.
- We will return the translated file within 7 business days
- Apply the translations and upload to Samsung Apps within 2 weeks
NoticeYOUR USE OF THE SAMSUNG DEVELOPER PROGRAM SERVICES IS SUBJECT TO THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS VIEWABLE AT http://developer.samsung.com/terms-and-conditions AND ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
FOR USE OF THE SAMSUNG DEVELOPER PROGRAM SERVICE
GRANT OF RIGHTS; RESTRICTIONS ON USE; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Samsung has right to refuse developer’s request to receive the service in addition to terminating the Developer Programs without notice at anytime.
Upon receiving the service through the Developer Programs, the developer may not upload the applications that benefited from the Developer Program to any other online/mobile stores besides ‘Samsung Apps’ for the period of 3 months upon receiving the service.
The Developer Programs are provided with limitations and requirements outlined under each service. The requestor of the service should further acknowledge and agree that in failure to comply with the requirements and Terms & Conditions of the service, cost- bearing shall be required not less than 1000$
Samsung or any other sub divisions shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (a) any errors in or omissions from the Developer Program Services or any Materials available or not included therein, (b) the unavailability or interruption of the Developer Program Services or any features thereof or any Materials, (c) your or an Authorized User’s use of the Online Services or Materials, (d) the loss or corruption of any data or equipment in connection with the Online Services, (e) the content, accuracy, or completeness of Materials, all regardless of whether you received assistance in the use of the Developer Program Service from Samsung, (f) any delay or failure in performance beyond the reasonable control of Samsung, or (g) any content retrieved from the Internet even if retrieved or linked to from within the Developer Program Services.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER YOU NOR SAMSUNG WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE LOCALIZATION PROGRAM SERVICES, MATERIALS, OR THE FAILURE OF SAMSUNG TO PERFORM ITS OBLIGATIONS. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO A PARTY’S INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS OR YOUR (AND YOUR AUTHORIZED USERS') INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF PROPRIETARY DATA BELONGING TO SAMSUNG OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS.