General Board

• Recommend useful replies to give out SEEDs and raise your level as well.
  • You can select the most useful reply as the Best Answer for your thread.
  • Share topics you want to discuss on Facebook or Twitter and earn SEEDs!
  • Share your knowledge by posting in threads that interest you.
Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Android issue #34880 still exists on S4

Forums View
Started by Newbie marten , 410 Seed Apr 29, 2013 14:52 Posts : 14 View : 31123 Likes : 0
Hi Samsung team,

I've received a few user reports that Android issue #34880 (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34880) is not fixed on the new S4.
That means accounts of paid apps still get removed during reboot, although the app is still installed.

The issue has been fixed in Android 4.2 (Nexus devices are not affected any more) but it seems the S4 is still affected.
Please fix that as soon as possible!

thanks

Marten

Tags

bug , s4

Board View
Newbie nullpointerexception , 180 Seed Apr 29, 2013 16:04 Post #1 0
Are you sure the issue was fixed? It seems to me that even though it is marked as closed the bug still occurs on many devices running JB either 4.1.2 or 4.2.x.

This content has been quoted from marten@’s thought. (Link to original post)

Hi Samsung team,

I've received a few user reports that Android issue #34880 (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34880) is not fixed on the new S4.
That means accounts of paid apps still get removed during reboot, although the app is still installed.

The issue has been fixed in Android 4.2 (Nexus devices are not affected any more) but it seems the S4 is still affected.

thanks

Marten

Board View
Newbie marten , 410 Seed Apr 29, 2013 16:17 Post #2 0
 Well, the Nexus devices don't suffer of this bug anymore.

This content has been quoted from nullpointerexception@’s thought. (Link to original post)

Are you sure the issue was fixed? It seems to me that even though it is marked as closed the bug still occurs on many devices running JB either 4.1.2 or 4.2.x.

Hi Samsung team,

thanks

Marten

Board View
Newbie nullpointerexception , 180 Seed Apr 30, 2013 07:53 Post #3 0
I've tested the issue on my S4 with Swift keyboard and I can't agree that the issue occurs. Could you please send more information about devices the issue concerns?

1. Information about the device (Settings -> About phone)
Model number:
Android version:
Baseband version:
Kernel version:
Build number:

This content has been quoted from nullpointerexception@’s thought. (Link to original post)

Hi Samsung team,

thanks

Marten

Board View
Newbie marten , 410 Seed Apr 30, 2013 09:36 Post #4 0
 I've contacted two affected users to get the info, I'll post it asap.

Meanwhile you can try to use one of my apps (e.g. CalDAV-Sync or the paid version of CardDAV-Sync). One of the affected users experienced this issue with CardDAV-Sync. I can grant you a refund, just send me your order number via email afterwards.

I've tested the issue on my S4 with Swift keyboard and I can't agree that the issue occurs. Could you please send more information about devices the issue concerns?

Model number:
Android version:
Baseband version:
Kernel version:
Build number:

Hi Samsung team,

thanks

Marten

Board View
Newbie marten , 410 Seed Apr 30, 2013 13:14 Post #5 0
Ok, here is the info you requested:

Model number: GT-19505

Android version: 4.2.2

Baseband version: 19505XXUAMDF

Kernel version: 3.4.0-431985 se.infra@SEP-124#1 Fr1 Apr 12 17.22.59 KST 2013

Build number: JDQ39.19505XXUAMDF

Model number:
Android version:
Baseband version:
Kernel version:
Build number:

Hi Samsung team,

thanks

Marten

Board View
Newbie marten , 410 Seed May 02, 2013 14:46 Post #6 0
Any news here? Did anyone look into this?

Ok, here is the info you requested:

Model number: GT-19505

Android version: 4.2.2

Baseband version: 19505XXUAMDF

Kernel version: 3.4.0-431985 se.infra@SEP-124#1 Fr1 Apr 12 17.22.59 KST 2013

Build number: JDQ39.19505XXUAMDF

Model number:
Android version:
Baseband version:
Kernel version:
Build number:

Board View
Newbie marten , 410 Seed May 03, 2013 09:49 Post #7 0
Btw. other apps are affected too, see #249  http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34880#c249

Model number:
Android version:
Baseband version:
Kernel version:
Build number:

Hi Samsung team,

thanks

Marten

Board View
Newbie marten , 410 Seed May 27, 2013 09:15 Post #8 0
Is there any news? Is there anyone working on this issue?

Btw. other apps are affected too, see #249  http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34880#c249

Model number:
Android version:
Baseband version:
Kernel version:
Build number:

Hi Samsung team,

thanks

Marten

Board View
Newbie marten , 410 Seed Jun 14, 2013 10:58 Post #9 0
 The latest firmware update did not fix this issue. This issue still exists for paid apps that provide authenticators. It's sad to see that Samsung doesn't seem to care ...

Just to be clear: That's a bug in the firmware of your device.

Model number:
Android version:
Baseband version:
Kernel version:
Build number:

Hi Samsung team,

thanks

Marten

Board View
Newbie tomkellerconsulting , 0 Seed Sep 17, 2013 08:06 Post #10 0
Still issue with new Samsung Galaxy S4, and I don't install to SD card, and App Info says zero program or data of affected apps (e.g. Corp-Mail) on SD card. Super annoying to not be warned about this up front! It seems that developers that want to stay in the game are providing separate workaround apps (like Marten/SmoothSync), or providing free trial apps, with a separate paid app that does nothing but activate the free app (like NitroDesk/Touchdown). But so many other useful paid apps are unusable!
Board View
Newbie chirag.sanghavi , 0 Seed Sep 18, 2013 19:24 Post #11 0
 Samsung, 

Please fix this issue on T-mobile USA S2 and S3.
Board View
Newbie al , 0 Seed Oct 26, 2013 09:54 Post #12 0
This bug still exists in the 4.3 S4 firmware.

Samsung; Your customers would like an update as to why you've not included a publicly available bug fix in your closed source firmware you're distributing to them.
Board View
Newbie steve.garlinge , 210 Seed Dec 10, 2013 11:37 Post #13 0
I too have this problem and it really should be fixed now !

Problem:- No contacts displaying at reboot
Phone:- Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Background.

Installed JB Workaround from May 2013 to PHONE
Installed Smooth Sync for Contacts latest version to PHONE

Works fine until reboot.

Board View
Newbie lifecontrolsoftware , 210 Seed Jan 06, 2014 21:09 Post #14 0
This has destroyed the business model of paid apps.

Samsung - please implement the fix immediately.