Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Font alignment can be improved

Forums View
Started by Developer marco , 1310 Seed Dec 17, 2016 12:39 Replies : 10 View : 1564 Likes : 0
Hi, can you please improve font alignment?
I had multiple faces on which the time and date information was perfectly aligned (both horizontal and vertical) in the designer, but looked crap on the watch
Board View
Eager Developer chefgeorge3 , 10190 Seed Dec 18, 2016 00:13 Post #1 0
I second this comment. Same thing happens to me. PC reboots, GWD reinstalls don't help.
I get that this is still beta, but do you guys have to break what already works with each new rev?
Board View
Newbie lennox.davidlevy , 240 Seed Dec 18, 2016 06:34 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from chefgeorge3’s thought.

I second this comment. Same thing happens to me. PC reboots, GWD reinstalls don’t help.
I get that this is still beta, but do you guys have to break what already works with each new rev?

Just happened to me, actually. The font alignment is all over the place atm. Perfect in the designer, and also perfect in the "loading" screen on the watch itself. Once it loads, its broken.
Board View
Developer jimberkman , 3150 Seed Dec 18, 2016 22:14 Post #3 0

This content has been quoted from lennox.davidlevy’s thought.

I second this comment. Same thing happens to me. PC reboots, GWD reinstalls don’t help.

Just happened to me, actually. The font alignment is all over the place atm. Perfect in the designer, and also perfect in the "loading" screen on the watch itself. Once it loads, its broken.

Same with AM/PM, it shows capital letters in the designer but goes to lower case font on the watch?? I'm using 1.1.1 still.

,Jim
Board View
bluehorror , Dec 19, 2016 01:29 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from jimberkman’s thought.

This content has been quoted from lennox.davidlevy’s thought. 

Same with AM/PM, it shows capital letters in the designer but goes to lower case font on the watch?? I’m using 1.1.1 still.

,Jim

Hi~

Question, is this happned on v1.3.0?
for this problem, we are improving this and v1.3.0 is much better than previous version I believe. (Though it not perfect yet )
could anybody give us detail problem on v.1.3.0?

Thanks~

Board View
Developer marco , 1310 Seed Dec 19, 2016 06:16 Post #5 0
Problem was already present in V1.2.1
And no it has not improved in V1.3.0, behavior is exact  the same.
Board View
bluehorror , Dec 19, 2016 07:31 Post #6 0

This content has been quoted from marco’s thought.

Problem was already present in V1.2.1
And no it has not improved in V1.3.0, behavior is exact  the same.

Hi~

could you please explain with screen shot? then it would be really helpful to us to fix it.

I checked as you reported, and I found that the alignement is OK, but AM/PM and some expression have problem.. : (
We will fix this on next version.
Thanks for your report.

* for the alignement, you can set it as below.

and also I recommend you to use specfic font and set the language to specific Language to ensure it aligned properly instead of set both as Sync to device.
if you set them as Sync to device, it can be changed as your Gear settings are changed.

Thanks~

Board View
Developer marco , 1310 Seed Dec 19, 2016 12:17 Post #7 0
Sorry for not being clear enough, I was talking about vertical alignment.
I have added a screenshot from my GWD and a photo of my watch.
You can see that the date (name and number) is way off to the top in GWD, where it looks fine on the watch. When I would center them on the GWD they will move below on the watch

!

File Attachments
Board View
bluehorror , Dec 20, 2016 01:01 Post #8 0
Hi~

I got the point.
I also found the vertical align is not perfect.
it slightly moved to downward on Gear device...
We will fix this.

on current version, sorry, but you better to cross check how your project is appeared on actual Gear device.
sorry for inconvenience and appreciate your priceless feedback.

Thanks~
Board View
Developer marco , 1310 Seed Dec 20, 2016 06:57 Post #9 0
Coo, thank you for your effort!
When do you expect a new version?
Board View
bluehorror , Dec 21, 2016 05:03 Post #10 0

This content has been quoted from marco’s thought.

Coo, thank you for your effort!
When do you expect a new version?

Hi~

I reported this to our dev, and as per them it would take long time since there are limitation caused by Java.
The significance is differ from font to font, or size and so on, so currently it's difficult to say how much distored or how to fix it : (

So right now what I recommend you is that cross check GWD and Gear when you are using text box,
and also you can use Justify option when you are using Text component. 
or you can use bitmap font, there are no distortion when you are using bitmap font.

sorry to say so, but I will let you know if there are futher improvement regarding this issue.

Thanks~