Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

GEAR 2 DUID prefix #1.0/# 2.0 missing prevents the upload of a Samsung certificate in TizenStudio 2

Forums View
Started by Newbie vincenzo.genovese , 540 Seed Nov 27, 2017 18:49 Replies : 3 View : 360 Likes : 0
Hi all.

The DUID of my Gear 2 is:PB+hcyFaLdbqjuVe+Gcn4vBlSYw=

Considering what reported at the link: http://developer.samsung.com/gear/develop/getting-certificates/permit the DUID should be in any case preceded by a #1.0 or #2.0. 

The result of  such lack is that the device manager in Tizen studio 2 rejects any attempt to upload a Samsung certificate (even if the certificate was correctly produced and activated). Of course no application can be installed on the smartwatch.

Any idea about a workaround?

Regards

Board View
Newbie ing.vincenzo.genovese , 440 Seed Nov 28, 2017 11:45 Post #1 0

This content has been quoted from shaswatimist’s thought.

Would you please share screenshot of the error you’re facing?

I will try to provide all the details.
1. I am trying to install on the Gear 2 an application developed under Tizen studio 2;
2. I have created ad activated successfully a Samsung Certificate;
3. from the device manager/file explorer I selected "permit to install applications". The result was en error and an invitation to create and activate a Samsung certificate. Exactly what I had done previoulsy!!!!!!

I noticed the lack of prefix i#1.0 in the DUID showed during the certification process. This numeric prefix is mandatory as reported at the link: http://developer.samsung.com/gear/develop/getting-certificates/permit.
The Tizen Studio needs this prefix and rejects any attempt to upload a certificate missing of such info.
I tried to add the prefix #1.0 manually. The trick was good because in this case the device manager has allowed the upload of the certificate but of course when I tried to debug my app the FATAL error 61  reappered. The app intstallation failed.

Board View
r.liechty , Nov 29, 2017 16:19 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from ing.vincenzo.genovese’s thought.

This content has been quoted from shaswatimist’s thought.

Would you please share screenshot of the error you’re facing?

I will try to provide all the details.
1. I am trying to install on the Gear 2 an application developed under Tizen studio 2;
2. I have created ad activated successfully a Samsung Certificate;
3. from the device manager/file explorer I selected "permit to install applications". The result was en error and an invitation to create and activate a Samsung certificate. Exactly what I had done previoulsy!!!!!!

I noticed the lack of prefix i#1.0 in the DUID showed during the certification process. This numeric prefix is mandatory as reported at the link: http://developer.samsung.com/gear/develop/getting-certificates/permit.
The Tizen Studio needs this prefix and rejects any attempt to upload a certificate missing of such info.
I tried to add the prefix #1.0 manually. The trick was good because in this case the device manager has allowed the upload of the certificate but of course when I tried to debug my app the FATAL error 61  reappered. The app intstallation failed.

I have seen other Tizen talk that said to use the Tizen Certificate instead of the Samsung Certificate. I'd be interested if that makes a difference for you.

Ron
Board View
Newbie ing.vincenzo.genovese , 440 Seed Nov 30, 2017 17:04 Post #3 0
I tried with Tizen Certificate. The issue persists.
I am really convinced that this is just a Tizen Studio  2.0  problem. The device manager option "permit to install application" takes in account only the case in which the DUID  starts with the prefix #1.0 and #2.0.
In my case there is no prefix and the Device manager fails, By using the simple trick do add manually  the prefix  #1.0 to my DUID  no errors are reported (a message box indicates that the certificate was correclty uploaded). Of course uploading my app an error is reported (the device doens't recognize a certifcate produced with a wrong DUID)
The thing is disconcerting because with the previous versions of Tizen Studio I had no problem with the same device,