Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Watch Designer won't open on MacBook Pro please help

Forums View
Started by Newbie jmb80uk , 110 Seed Dec 05, 2017 11:37 Replies : 4 View : 432 Likes : 0
I've tried different installers and various versions of java but Watch Designer begins to open then closes, any help would be really appriciated.
Board View
r.liechty , Dec 05, 2017 16:11 Post #1 0

This content has been quoted from jmb80uk’s thought.

I’ve tried different installers and various versions of java but Watch Designer begins to open then closes, any help would be really appriciated.

I'm assuming you are not having the JRE/Java_Home error in  FAQ 18

We are aware of a Mac version freezing issue, if user runs GWD Mac version on most latest Mac laptop that has a touch bar, it freezed after using GWD..
Dev. team is now fixing it.

Is this your problem?  If not can you elaborate with more information on the problem.

Thanks 

Board View
r.liechty , Dec 05, 2017 16:39 Post #2 0

I’ve tried different installers and various versions of java but Watch Designer begins to open then closes, any help would be really appriciated.

More information:

Check out this thread they seem to have found a solution

Hope this helps,

Ron
Board View
Newbie joshualegg , 520 Seed Dec 05, 2017 22:32 Post #3 0

This content has been quoted from r.liechty’s thought.

More information:

Hope this helps,

Ron

I ahve this same issue!!!

I am Sunning 10.12.6 Sierra and have downloaded numerous versions of GWD and I get the same results.  Also have downloaded and am running Java version 9.0.1 and when I try opening GWD it seems like its going to open and goes to my bottom task bar then disappears
Board View
r.liechty , Dec 06, 2017 01:23 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from joshualegg’s thought.

This content has been quoted from r.liechty’s thought.

More information:

Hope this helps,

Ron

I ahve this same issue!!!

I am Sunning 10.12.6 Sierra and have downloaded numerous versions of GWD and I get the same results.  Also have downloaded and am running Java version 9.0.1 and when I try opening GWD it seems like its going to open and goes to my bottom task bar then disappears

GWD will not run under Java 9 you need an older version and you need to set the path for it See this note
http://developer.samsung.com/forum/board/thread/view.do?boardName=SDK&messageId=332967&topCtgy=03