Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Cant Open Gear Watch Designer on Mac!!!

Forums View
Started by Newbie joshualegg , 550 Seed Dec 05, 2017 22:28 Replies : 7 View : 1084 Likes : 0

mac os sierra 10.12.6 problems opening gear watch designer .  I have downloaded mutiple versions going as low as gear watch designer 14.0. Called apple support everything seems clear on that side.  Have there been any issues with other mac users.  I am Running Java version 9.0.1 (Build 9.0.1+11) x86_64.  I downloaded GWD, BETA DOWNLOAD for Mac - v1.5.1(NEW) and installed.  I go to my applications and open it shows breifly down on my navigation bar at the bottom then disappears.  Need Help Please!!!!
Tags

MacissueswithGWD

Board View
r.liechty , Dec 06, 2017 01:13 Post #1 0
It won't work with Java 9 See this thread  Set jdk8_65 in the info.plist of gear watch designer and now it works more inforation on that thread.

The developer team is aware of this and working on it.  

Ron
Board View
Newbie joshualegg , 550 Seed Dec 06, 2017 03:23 Post #2 0
So I have installed jdk-8u151-macosx-64.dmg and uninstalled gear watch designer then reinstalled.  Still Not opening.  Do I have to go in any of the system folders and change somthing to get it to open?  Not sure I am understanding when you say pl.list?  I have restarted tried Java JRE and JDK versions??  I am still struggling?
Board View
Samsung Developer s.arefin , 36250 Seed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 Post #3 0
Hi, 
Do you uninstall Java 9 and install Java 8 or running both. 
If you only installed Java 8, then check the path / settings again. 
and then install GWD, hope it will work. 
also please check the pre-requisits for GWD and Java path settings from FAQ. 
Board View
r.liechty , Dec 06, 2017 15:49 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from joshualegg’s thought.

So I have installed jdk-8u151-macosx-64.dmg and uninstalled gear watch designer then reinstalled.  Still Not opening.  Do I have to go in any of the system folders and change somthing to get it to open?  Not sure I am understanding when you say pl.list?  I have restarted tried Java JRE and JDK versions??  I am still struggling?

I haven't uses a Mac in years but I believe in the thread that they described how to set the path for the correct Java version.  Also check the FAQ mention about the Java home issue.

Ron

Board View
Newbie joshualegg , 550 Seed Dec 06, 2017 21:08 Post #5 0
So this is frustrating!!!!  I Really want this GWD to work Not sure how to do it.  I tried the FAQ fix on the deveoper website about not working on mac,  Did the Terminal Home fix it showed, and its still not opening GWD is there a customer service number for the Samsung Developers?  I even removed my GWd and tried reinstalling.  Any other ideas?
Board View
r.liechty , Dec 07, 2017 17:11 Post #6 0

So this is frustrating!!!!  I Really want this GWD to work Not sure how to do it.  I tried the FAQ fix on the deveoper website about not working on mac,  Did the Terminal Home fix it showed, and its still not opening GWD is there a customer service number for the Samsung Developers?  I even removed my GWd and tried reinstalling.  Any other ideas?

My link didn't work is is this link
http://developer.samsung.com/forum/board/thread/view.do?boardName=SDK&messageId=332967&topCtgy=03

Two users have had solutions that work for other Mac Users.
Frank
Finally got it to work. Set jdk8_65 in the info.plist of gear watch designer and now it works
I opened Gear Watch designer Apllication details on right click in Finder.  In detail show package content. Than editted info.plist with textedit.
There is an area with commented jdk Versions. I uncommented one and set my Path jdk8u_65.jdk which is the jdk Version I installed.
This forces gwd to use this jdk version. You can try other versions but with jdk 9 it does not work for me.

Carlysilver
It took a few weeks, but I was finally able to get GWD to work on High Sierra!

I had to go through ensuring all Java versions (JRE or JDK) were removed (I used these instructions to ensure I got ALL versions cleaned off:https://www.howtogeek.com/230145/how-to-uninstall-java-on-mac-os-x/).

Uninstalled GWD

Restarted

Installed JDK 8u151 (8u152 does not work for some reason even if you change the info.plist): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Confirmed JDK was installed accurately using the same instructions for the java uninstall above.

Reinstalled GWD

And finally it works and responds to keyboard and mouse inputs!

----------------
I think the trick is making sure the right Java is being used.

Ron

Board View
Newbie kelessezercan , 570 Seed Dec 29, 2017 11:33 Post #7 0

mac os sierra 10.12.6 problems opening gear watch designer .  I have downloaded mutiple versions going as low as gear watch designer 14.0. Called apple support everything seems clear on that side.  Have there been any issues with other mac users.  I am Running Java version 9.0.1 (Build 9.0.1+11) x86_64.  I downloaded GWD, BETA DOWNLOAD for Mac - v1.5.1(NEW) and installed.  I go to my applications and open it shows breifly down on my navigation bar at the bottom then disappears.  Need Help Please!!!!

esports news için bu siteye girebilirsin. Unutmaman için espor nedir sorusuna da burdan ulaşabilirsin.