Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

SDB error - Watchface stopped to work and can't be loaded after the recent S3 update

Forums View
Started by Newbie aleksander , 140 Seed Dec 15, 2017 08:02 Replies : 2 View : 615 Likes : 0
I'm using Gear Watch Designer version 1.5.1_beta, build id: 171120 

After the recent update of my Samsung Gear S3 (SM-R760) firmware, which is now: 
Tizen version 3.0.0.1 
Software version R760XXU2CQK3 

One of my watch faces, which was already loaded to the device stopped working. I deleted it, but now I can't load it anymore to the device using the Run on device (F9) function. 

My other watchfaces work with no issue, only one (of three I created) has this issue.

When I try to Run it on device, I'm getting this long (and not not very informative) warning/error message:

Can I do anything on my end to fix this, or do I need to wait for a GWD update?

Tags

bug , gwd , gears3 , watchface

Board View
r.liechty , Dec 15, 2017 17:11 Post #1 0
Because of caching and file changes under Tizen update, under the conditions below a watch face will have a probelm on Tizen 3.0

1. A watch face made by GWD v1.4.1 or older (let say WatchA)
2. WatchA is installed in Gear Tizen v2.3.2.x or older
3. That Gear device is updated to Tizen 3.0
4. Then WatchA may not operate and be unable to remove .

To prevent this problem 
1. Remove WatchA before Tizen 3.0 update
2. Update your Gear to Tizen 3.0
3. Rebuild WatchA with GWD 1.5,0 or later version.
4. Install WatchA to Gear Tizen 3.0 device.

if you alreay update your Gear S3 to Tizen 3.0 and some watches have problem with this issue, 
there is no way to fiix it. You need to reset your Gear.

If you got the watch face by7 Store download, it should be OK.

Ron
Board View
Newbie ted.fazioli , 500 Seed Dec 18, 2017 15:24 Post #2 0
Another way to overcome this problem is to change the Package name of the device when building it (com.watchface.xxxxxx).  This will make the watch think it is a new watchface, and it will download properly as a new watchface.  The existing watchface on the watch can still be deleted separately, if possible.  I have found that sometimes when deleting these older version watchfaces from my Gear S3 after the Tizen update, the S3 will hang and need to be re-booted.