Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

API For iOS

Forums View
Started by Newbie gatin.n , 120 Seed Dec 25, 2017 08:26 Replies : 2 View : 183 Likes : 0
Hi, i need help with find Tizen Wearable api for iOS. 
Does it exists? Cause documentation says that it should exist but i can't find it (http://developer.samsung.com/gear/develop/tech-doc/gear-app-limitation-iphone)
Board View
Expert Developer armaan.ul.islam9 , 20800 Seed Dec 26, 2017 06:57 Post #1 0
The documentation stated about three APIs in Companion app:

- Samsung Accessory Protocol (SAP)

- In-App purchase

- Remote App Control

And mentioned : When the Gear is connected to iPhone, these APIs are not supported. So, It's a limitation while being connected to iPhone.

There is Tizen API for wearable, by which you can perform operations on Tizen Gear. There's no specific iOS API for Tizen wearable. But you can perform application on Tizen gear using Tizen API and Communicate with iPhone application using BLE or Server Communication. Diagram:

[ Tizen Wearable ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[ iPhone ] 
   Tizen API-----------------------[Tizen BLE API]-----{BLE}-----[iOS BLE API]--------------------------- iOS API
   Tizen API---------------------[Tizen HTTP API]----{Server}----[iOS HTTP API]------------------------ iOS API

Board View
Newbie gatin.n , 210 Seed Jan 15, 2018 06:28 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from armaan.ul.islam9’s thought.

The documentation stated about three APIs in Companion app:

- Samsung Accessory Protocol (SAP)

- In-App purchase

- Remote App Control

And mentioned : When the Gear is connected to iPhone, these APIs are not supported. So, It’s a limitation while being connected to iPhone.

There is Tizen API for wearable, by which you can perform operations on Tizen Gear. There’s no specific iOS API for Tizen wearable. But you can perform application on Tizen gear using Tizen API and Communicate with iPhone application using BLE or Server Communication. Diagram:

[ Tizen Wearable ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[ iPhone ] 
   Tizen API-----------------------[Tizen BLE API]-----{BLE}-----[iOS BLE API]--------------------------- iOS API
   Tizen API---------------------[Tizen HTTP API]----{Server}----[iOS HTTP API]------------------------ iOS API

I searched in google and i don't know, how use BLE for data exchange. Сan we use the same BLE channel that is used in the official application of the GEAR on the phone, if so how? And I don't know how use HTTP API. Please help. When you told me about Tizen HTTP API, you meant general HTTP requests to my own HTTP server?