Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

App switcher

Forums View
Started by Developer malcolmpe , 9350 Seed Dec 08, 2017 01:20 Replies : 17 View : 1397 Likes : 0
What is an app switcher and how do you use it in GWD
Thanks and Cheeers
malcolmpe choose njoman ’s reply as the Best Answer. njoman earned +250 SEED. Dec 08, 2017 12:12
Tags

appswitcher

Board View
Developer njoman , 2340 Seed Dec 08, 2017 04:07 Post #1 0
It is a button which lets a watch user to customise it so that it opens an app that the user wants. To customise an app switcher button, the watch user has to double tap on the button. It will open a list of apps that are installed in the watch. The user must choose one app, for example the Phone app. After this, when the user tap the button once it will always open only the Phone app. The user can change the function of the button again by double tapping on the button and choose any apps they want. 

In GWD, you can convert any image or object into an app switcher button by clicking on the object, then in Properties click the drop down menu on top right, and click "set as button". And then choose the Action tab, and under Interaction field you have to choose Double Tap. In the Action, you choose Open App. And, in the Open App field you choose App Switcher. That's it. The button is now acting as an App Switcher. 
Board View
Developer malcolmpe , 9350 Seed Dec 08, 2017 12:04 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from njoman’s thought.

It is a button which lets a watch user to customise it so that it opens an app that the user wants. To customise an app switcher button, the watch user has to double tap on the button. It will open a list of apps that are installed in the watch. The user must choose one app, for example the Phone app. After this, when the user tap the button once it will always open only the Phone app. The user can change the function of the button again by double tapping on the button and choose any apps they want. 

In GWD, you can convert any image or object into an app switcher button by clicking on the object, then in Properties click the drop down menu on top right, and click "set as button". And then choose the Action tab, and under Interaction field you have to choose Double Tap. In the Action, you choose Open App. And, in the Open App field you choose App Switcher. That’s it. The button is now acting as an App Switcher. 

Thank you njoman for your reply. just didn't scroll down enough.You are the best.

Board View
Developer malcolmpe , 9350 Seed Dec 10, 2017 00:52 Post #3 0
@njoman. When i set the app switcher after following your instructions . The only option i get is SVoice and no other app(have swiped tfrom left to right turned the bezel but found nothing but Svoice) after selecting Svoice i just tap it and it works , Th equestion is i don't see any other apps
Is this feature only available to the final user or can we test it on GWD on our own watches before sending it up to the Galaxy store

or am I doing something wrong. 
Thank you and Cheers
Board View
Developer njoman , 2340 Seed Dec 10, 2017 05:09 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from malcolmpe’s thought.

@njoman. When i set the app switcher after following your instructions . The only option i get is SVoice and no other app(have swiped tfrom left to right turned the bezel but found nothing but Svoice) after selecting Svoice i just tap it and it works , Th equestion is i don’t see any other apps
Is this feature only available to the final user or can we test it on GWD on our own watches before sending it up to the Galaxy store

Thank you and Cheers

I'm not sure why you could only see SVoice app. Maybe you only have one app in the watch, which is SVoice app? I doubt that. 

Yes, for sure  you can test it first on your watch before uploading it to the Galaxy Store. 

When I double tap on the App Switcher button, the watch screen would show all the apps, the first app on top of the list is Alarm, then Alti-Barometer, then Calendar, and so on. I can browse through the apps by swiping the screen up and down or by rotating the bezel. 

Wait a minute, you said you swiped the screen from left to right? I think you have to swipe the screen up and down, not left right. 

My watch is updated to the latest Tizen 3 operating system. 

I'm curious to know why you could only see SVoice app and nothing else.

Board View
Developer malcolmpe , 9350 Seed Dec 10, 2017 11:30 Post #5 0

@njoman. When i set the app switcher after following your instructions . The only option i get is SVoice and no other app(have swiped tfrom left to right turned the bezel but found nothing but Svoice) after selecting Svoice i just tap it and it works , Th equestion is i don’t see any other apps

Thank you and Cheers

I’m not sure why you could only see SVoice app. Maybe you only have one app in the watch, which is SVoice app? I doubt that. 

Yes, for sure  you can test it first on your watch before uploading it to the Galaxy Store. 

When I double tap on the App Switcher button, the watch screen would show all the apps, the first app on top of the list is Alarm, then Alti-Barometer, then Calendar, and so on. I can browse through the apps by swiping the screen up and down or by rotating the bezel. 

Wait a minute, you said you swiped the screen from left to right? I think you have to swipe the screen up and down, not left right. 

I’m curious to know why you could only see SVoice app and nothing else.

@njoman.I have attached an image(screenshot) for your reference. Check it out I am sure I am doing something wrong. and this is on the frontier and the classic and i have Tizen3 installed on both
File Attachments
Board View
Developer malcolmpe , 9350 Seed Dec 10, 2017 21:04 Post #6 0

Thank you and Cheers

I’m not sure why you could only see SVoice app. Maybe you only have one app in the watch, which is SVoice app? I doubt that. 

@njoman.I have attached an image(screenshot) for your reference. Check it out I am sure I am doing something wrong. and this is on the frontier and the classic and i have Tizen3 installed on both

Does anybody else have the same problem

Board View
Newbie o.k.soft , 500 Seed Dec 10, 2017 21:30 Post #7 0

Thank you and Cheers

Does anybody else have the same problem

Yes, the same problem by me. Before Tizen 3.0 all was ok.
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 36630 Seed Dec 10, 2017 23:20 Post #8 0
I dont know, I have no problem with app switcher on watchface made by gwd 1.5.0 and running on tizen 3.0
Board View
Developer futorum.watch , 2740 Seed Dec 11, 2017 20:23 Post #9 0
Same problem on Tizen 3.0, GWD 1.5.1
Board View
Developer malcolmpe , 9350 Seed Dec 11, 2017 22:39 Post #10 0

This content has been quoted from futorum.watch’s thought.

Same problem on Tizen 3.0, GWD 1.5.1

Maybe the problem is running it on GWD1.5.1 and not on 1.5.0
Board View
Developer njoman , 2340 Seed Dec 12, 2017 11:01 Post #11 0

Thank you and Cheers

I absolutely have no idea why you could only see SVoice app!

Have you tried to factory reset the watch then reconnect it to your phone? Not sure if this will help. The watch faces in my watch went buggy after Tizen 3 update and I factory reset the watch and the watch was operating normally again. 

I am using GWD 1.5.1 and Tizen 3, no problem at all with this App Switcher feature in the watch. 
Board View
Developer malcolmpe , 9350 Seed Dec 13, 2017 01:54 Post #12 0

Thank you and Cheers

I absolutely have no idea why you could only see SVoice app!

Have you tried to factory reset the watch then reconnect it to your phone? Not sure if this will help. The watch faces in my watch went buggy after Tizen 3 update and I factory reset the watch and the watch was operating normally again. 

I am using GWD 1.5.1 and Tizen 3, no problem at all with this App Switcher feature in the watch. 

I had problems too when i installed Tizen 3.0 but i did a factory reset and I could get everything to work. There are some other folks facing the same problem.Will keep trying.
Thanks for all your support
Board View
Developer malcolmpe , 9350 Seed Dec 15, 2017 02:22 Post #13 0
Hey guys I just reset my watch to factory settings again and tried to use the app switcher but unfortunately got the same results (onlySvoice)
Can any of you post any images of the appswitcher in action showing the choice of app available.
Thanks 
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 36630 Seed Dec 15, 2017 07:45 Post #14 0

Hey guys I just reset my watch to factory settings again and tried to use the app switcher but unfortunately got the same results (onlySvoice)
Can any of you post any images of the appswitcher in action showing the choice of app available.
Thanks 

I have attached two screenshots, one before, another after updating to tizen 3.0.  
Now there are slightly simplified icons and the slider bar disappears before I can swipe for screenshot.
(Btw, I liked the older icons better)

File Attachments
Board View
Developer malcolmpe , 9350 Seed Dec 16, 2017 00:03 Post #15 0

This content has been quoted from petruuccios’s thought.

Thanks 

I have attached two screenshots, one before, another after updating to tizen 3.0.  
Now there are slightly simplified icons and the slider bar disappears before I can swipe for screenshot.
(Btw, I liked the older icons better)

I have tried over and over with the same results .just don't how to resove this. BTW the slider bar shows for a second and then disappears and wont let me do anything.
Frustrating to say the least.
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 36630 Seed Feb 22, 2018 12:15 Post #16 0
Hello,
could you guys somehow solve this riddle? One of my customers and also one of my friends has same problem.

Board View
Newbie avdhusingh6497 , 210 Seed Mar 15, 2018 04:50 Post #17 0
Hello!
         I want to know how to SDK work in the system? I don't know about Samsung SDK please help me! apple airport customer service