Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email :

Create a face bundle?

Forums View
Started by Newbie quarlow , 820 Seed Feb 22, 2018 16:56 Replies : 4 View : 185 Likes : 1
I've built several faces, some of them are the same basic face with a small difference: temperature vs Heart Rate, different colors, etc.  These are things that the Gear Watch Designer does not allow us to make options for the user.  But, other tools do allow this, so it is generally seen as an expected feature.

If we cannot make the option available to the user, the next best thing would be to let people pay once for a bundle of watches.  I cannot find a way to do this in the Seller Office.  Is this possible?

Board View
Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 39810 Seed Feb 22, 2018 17:39 Post #1 0
That would be a great option however I haven't seen that available with the store. My only thought is to sell a watch and offer coupons for other watches however that could become cumbersome to track. Hopefully someone else has a better option...
Board View
Developer alan_buch , 1540 Seed Feb 23, 2018 11:50 Post #2 0
This is one of the reasons I've switched to Tizen Studio.  It certainly takes a lot more work, at least at first until you get the basic functions written, but gives you a lot more flexibility.  Of course, if your background image has the numbers, index and colors, you can easily switch backgrounds with the button action, but that's still limited and won't be able to change temperature for heart rate, watch hands, etc.
Board View
Newbie quarlow , 820 Seed Feb 23, 2018 15:31 Post #3 1

This content has been quoted from alan_buch’s thought.

This is one of the reasons I’ve switched to Tizen Studio.  It certainly takes a lot more work, at least at first until you get the basic functions written, but gives you a lot more flexibility.  Of course, if your background image has the numbers, index and colors, you can easily switch backgrounds with the button action, but that’s still limited and won’t be able to change temperature for heart rate, watch hands, etc.

I tried the studio and was lost, I could not even figure out how to start.  But now that I have some watch faces under my belt maybe I will try it again.  I am not a coder though.

I just found out about the tap to change image action.  Now I am working on how I can use it to change the theme of a watch.  The big sticking point for me is the text on screen.  I'm thinking I can use transparancy and bitmap fonts to allow the font to appear to change colors by revealing the image behind it that changed.

Board View
Developer alan_buch , 1540 Seed Feb 24, 2018 04:26 Post #4 0
You'd definitely need coding skills to use Tizen Studio.  C or C++?  forget it.  But Javascript isn't bad to learn.  If you venture down that road, start with JS and the samples that come with the Tizen download.