General Board

• Recommend useful replies to give out SEEDs and raise your level as well.
  • You can select the most useful reply as the Best Answer for your thread.
  • Share topics you want to discuss on Facebook or Twitter and earn SEEDs!
  • Share your knowledge by posting in threads that interest you.
Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

galaxy s4 bluetooth issues

Forums View
Started by Newbie morto0310 , 0 Seed May 09, 2013 14:09 Posts : 26 View : 53517 Likes : 1
hi i have just purchased a galaxy s4 i have managed to connect it to my car ( mercedes slk 2010) the phone says paired and connected but when i make a call the other party says there phone rings but when they pick up it is dead and when they ring me it rings in the car but again when i accept the call  we cannot hear each other even thou the phone is saying connected, i have had a the earlier galaxy and had no issues with the connection, i have removed my old phone from the car and still makes no difference

i have been reading on line that alot of people are having this issue since the s3 got launched so why hasnt this been resolved
many thanks if you can help me with this so annoying issue
Board View
Newbie james_janice , 0 Seed May 14, 2013 07:07 Post #1 0
 I have exactly the same issue with the same brand of car.
And i had the same problem with the S3 when it was launched but that was fixed with a firmware update.
For the S4, there was a recent firmware update but that hasnt fixed the bluetooth problem. Any ideas?

This content has been quoted from morto0310@’s thought. (Link to original post)

hi i have just purchased a galaxy s4 i have managed to connect it to my car ( mercedes slk 2010) the phone says paired and connected but when i make a call the other party says there phone rings but when they pick up it is dead and when they ring me it rings in the car but again when i accept the call  we cannot hear each other even thou the phone is saying connected, i have had a the earlier galaxy and had no issues with the connection, i have removed my old phone from the car and still makes no difference

i have been reading on line that alot of people are having this issue since the s3 got launched so why hasnt this been resolved

Board View
Newbie Andywnic , 0 Seed May 17, 2013 19:25 Post #2 0
 I have a similar issue with my GS4 in a 59 plate B200 and Audio 20 stereo.

Pairs fine and calls are displayed on the head unit but as soon as I accept the call, there is no audio in the car, although the other end can hear me.

I called samsung and was told that its the car manufacturers responsibility to ensure compatibility, called Mercedes and was told it will never work, buy an older phone!!

Surely this is just a software issue!?

Rgds

Andy
Board View
Newbie cdias22 , 0 Seed May 20, 2013 20:23 Post #3 0
 Hi

I'VE TOO THE SAME PROBLEM. 
When I try paired galaxy s4 to my car never work as otber phones.
Nokia N82 work fine
NOKIA C3 work fine
Nokia 700 work fine
Nokia X6 work fine
Nokia 6110i work fine
Nokia n82 work fine
Nokia 5310 work fine
NOKIA E50 work fine
Galaxy Note work fine
Galaxy Note work fine
Galaxy S3 work fine

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4......... NOT WORKING

BR
CDias

Board View
Newbie damo.m , 0 Seed May 21, 2013 08:50 Post #4 0

"This content has been quoted from morto0310@’s thought. (Link to original post)

many thanks if you can help me with this so annoying issue"

Very similar problem here.. Galaxy S4 and new Mercedes Vito Taxi.  I can connect the phone via bluetooth which is fine except when making and receiving calls the radio cuts out as it should but I cannot hear the caller and they cannot hear me.
The s4 works fine in my years old BMW and I can get my my galaxy S2 and S3 to work just fine in the Mercedes Vito and the BMW which makes me think its the phone
bluetooth software.

Help,  please fix...thanks

Board View
Newbie depaualessandra , 0 Seed May 26, 2013 20:10 Post #5 0
 I have the same problem too, with Classe A Mercedes Audio 20...
Please fix it!!!
Board View
Newbie dungevski , 0 Seed Jun 10, 2013 10:26 Post #6 0
 Same thing here. No Audio via Car Bluetooth on the Mercedes Benz B150 System - Audio 20. However all other phones connect properly and give audio via car speakers. When I connect S4 the phone connects properly but the dial cannot be established, no audio on both phone and car audio.

I tried restarting the phone and audio system, installing Bluetooth Auto Connect Application but nothing solves this. My dealer also updated the latest version of the Audio 20 System so this does not fix the problem too.

Please let me know if someone finds a solution. Really annoying thing.
Board View
Newbie patrickl , 0 Seed Jun 12, 2013 21:55 Post #7 0
Hi,

I have about the same problem with a new BMW520D.

Till yesterday never problem using a blackberry; I bougth a Galaxy S4 ... and difficult to connect to the car kit.. sometimes working, sometimes not !!! why? good question.
But what never work is initiating or answering a call when the S4 is loocked; You have first to delock the device before using the command on the car kit .. not reallya 2012 car kit situation. Now hours spending on the net trying to find solution, but it seems to be a long long term issue (2010 with S2 and S3).

So why buying a such expensive smartphone when working as a 1999 mobile phone with extra gadgets !!

It is a professional phone and using it like this is not an option :-( :-(
Board View
Newbie ndewji , 0 Seed Jun 17, 2013 02:14 Post #8 0
it appears that most car decks are missing bluetooth profile that requires to connect
which makes s4 in compatible unless the manufacture sends out updates
Board View
Newbie melladebeer , 0 Seed Jun 27, 2013 13:11 Post #9 0
My boss had a problem where her s4 paired with her car (ford kuga) but you had to connect manually everytime and then the connection would drop. So we set that the visibility of the device (s4) doesn't time out and we downloaded and installed a app called "Bluetooth Auto Connect"...There you can set that your device connects automatically when it comes close enough to the car or other device.

I hope this helps! :)

Board View
Newbie jeantaverne , 0 Seed Jul 08, 2013 17:40 Post #10 0
 Hello
I live in France, and I have a 2009 Class A Mercedes-Benz.
My previous smartphone, a HTC HD2, worked fine paired with the Audio 20 of my car.
A week ago, I just bought a Galaxy S4 : pairing went OK
But I'm experiencing the same problem as Andywnic@ (Post #2) :
"calls are displayed on the head unit but as soon as I accept the call, there is no audio in the car, although the other end can hear me"
I spent all my carrer in a large multinational IS Corporation and I may tell you that if some customers had problems we always did whatever was necessary to resolve them.
On one side Galaxy S4 is sold as a premium smarphone, on the other side thousands of Mercedes-Benz owners have an Audio 20 system.

DOES SAMSUNG REALLY MEANS TO IGNORE THAT AND DO NOTHING ?

Regards to all
Jean
------------------------------------
This content has been quoted from Andywnic@’s thought. (Link to original post)

I have a similar issue with my GS4 in a 59 plate B200 and Audio 20 stereo.

Pairs fine and calls are displayed on the head unit but as soon as I accept the call, there is no audio in the car, although the other end can hear me.

I called samsung and was told that its the car manufacturers responsibility to ensure compatibility, called Mercedes and was told it will never work, buy an older phone!!

Surely this is just a software issue!?

Rgds

Andy

Board View
Newbie shamalk , 20 Seed Jul 18, 2013 07:07 Post #11 1
I have the same problem with Plantronics Backbeat Go headset.

1. Sometimes I can't hear the other party when bluetooth is connected. Even when I click 'headset' button, I can't hear the call from the earpiece or speaker. 
So if the bluetooth headset is connected, I can't receive or make calls (sometimes).

2. Sometimes when I end a call, the music player starts playing through loud speaker. Note that before the call I didn't have the music player playing songs.
3. All other phones can work with Plantronics Backbeat Go headset without problem.

This is definitely a Samsung Galaxy S4 Bluetooth Problem. Samsung, please fix it.
Board View
Newbie matthew.vukomanovic , 0 Seed Jul 22, 2013 10:35 Post #12 0
I am having the same issue in a 2010 Toyota Aurion Sportivo.

Music plays fine, just not voice calls.
On the car when the voice call starts it says "Not Supported".

It used to work, and still works, with my S2 but not with the new S4.
If it wont get fixed i'll end up having to buy another phone, though i like the phone so i'd prefer not to.

Regards,

Matt
Board View
Newbie matthew.vukomanovic , 0 Seed Jul 22, 2013 11:04 Post #13 0
I tried what was suggested in the following post
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/722149-samsung-galaxy-s4-bluetooth-issue.html#post5885565
And it worked for me straight away.

Here is the quote from the other thread.

- Go to settings;
- Select application manager;
- Scroll down to S Voice; and
- Click on S voice and disable it
(note that i also killed the task);

The phone will then use the google app which is for hands free bluetooth.
Works great!
This ended the problem of not hearing anything on your vehicles speakers during hands free calling.
Samsung I noticed that the S Voice application is still a beta. I think it would be a good idea for you to remove it for now by default or at least have it fixed very quickly.

This content has been quoted from matthew.vukomanovic@’s thought. (Link to original post)

I am having the same issue in a 2010 Toyota Aurion Sportivo.

Music plays fine, just not voice calls.
On the car when the voice call starts it says "Not Supported".

It used to work, and still works, with my S2 but not with the new S4.
If it wont get fixed i'll end up having to buy another phone, though i like the phone so i'd prefer not to.

Regards,

Matt

Board View
Newbie dr.nhamidi , 0 Seed Aug 16, 2013 08:12 Post #14 0

hi i have just purchased a galaxy s4 i have managed to connect it to my car ( mercedesC180 ) the phone says paired and connected but when i make a call the other party says there phone rings but when they pick up it is dead and when they ring me it rings in the car but again when i accept the call  we cannot hear each other even thou the phone is saying connected, i have had a the earlier galaxy and had no issues with the connection, i have removed my old phone from the car and still makes no difference

Board View
Newbie geneknight , 0 Seed Sep 13, 2013 22:00 Post #15 0
 I have frequent problems with call audio from my S4 going to m y car's OEM handsfree.  After about 2 min., it works fine, but if
I make a call more quickly than 2 minutes after starting the car, or if I receive a call sooner than 2 min after I start the car, "call audio"
stays on handset and doesn't come through my car's speaker.  SAMSUNG PLEASE FIX with an update!  My Galaxy s3 never missed
a beat, just give the S4 the Bluetooth knowledge that the S3 has, and the S4 will work flawlessly!!!!

Note:  my car is a 2006 Lexus RX400h.  I'm not buying a new car just because a $600 phone won't work correctly!!!!

This content has been quoted from shamalk@’s thought. (Link to original post)

1. Sometimes I can't hear the other party when bluetooth is connected. Even when I click 'headset' button, I can't hear the call from the earpiece or speaker. 
So if the bluetooth headset is connected, I can't receive or make calls (sometimes).

2. Sometimes when I end a call, the music player starts playing through loud speaker. Note that before the call I didn't have the music player playing songs.
3. All other phones can work with Plantronics Backbeat Go headset without problem.

This is definitely a Samsung Galaxy S4 Bluetooth Problem. Samsung, please fix it.

Board View
Newbie geneknight , 0 Seed Sep 22, 2013 18:32 Post #16 0
Samsung please fix with update that's coming to our S4 phones in October, I don't want to have to ditch this phone, I like it too much, please fix bluetooth so it works like the bluetooth in the s3 - that's all we need - thank you!!!!

This content has been quoted from geneknight@’s thought. (Link to original post)

I have frequent problems with call audio from my S4 going to m y car's OEM handsfree.  After about 2 min., it works fine, but if
I make a call more quickly than 2 minutes after starting the car, or if I receive a call sooner than 2 min after I start the car, "call audio"
stays on handset and doesn't come through my car's speaker.  SAMSUNG PLEASE FIX with an update!  My Galaxy s3 never missed
a beat, just give the S4 the Bluetooth knowledge that the S3 has, and the S4 will work flawlessly!!!!

Note:  my car is a 2006 Lexus RX400h.  I'm not buying a new car just because a $600 phone won't work correctly!!!!

Board View
Newbie graeme , 0 Seed Oct 17, 2013 06:45 Post #17 0

This content has been quoted from geneknight@’s thought. (Link to original post)

Samsung please fix with update that's coming to our S4 phones in October, I don't want to have to ditch this phone, I like it too much, please fix bluetooth so it works like the bluetooth in the s3 - that's all we need - thank you!!!!

I am having same problem with Nissan Navara. I have tried old Nokia 6120, and Iphone without a problem but my 2 Galaxy S4 will pair up, answer calls, but will not transmit sound to the  speakers. I hope Samsung can resolve the problem soon

Board View
Newbie corailfr , 210 Seed Nov 20, 2013 16:50 Post #18 0
Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I've just bought a new car with the bluetooth embedded. On my previous car much older it was working fine with the bluetooth connexion. With the new one it doesn't work at all the constructor Nissan told me to change my phone as it'is not compatible with S4!! Is there a way to get a firmaware or any help from Samsung developper to make sure all Galaxy S4 can use their phone with any Nissan Connect system?
It's easier to change phone than a  car :-(
Please help I do not want to change the S4 for another brand.
Thanks

This content has been quoted from morto0310’s thought.

Board View
Newbie dennismundy , 210 Seed Nov 26, 2013 19:40 Post #19 0

This content has been quoted from geneknight’s thought.

I have frequent problems with call audio from my S4 going to m y car’s OEM handsfree.  After about 2 min., it works fine, but if
stays on handset and doesn’t come through my car’s speaker.  SAMSUNG PLEASE FIX with an update!  My Galaxy s3 never missed

Note:  my car is a 2006 Lexus RX400h.  I’m not buying a new car just because a $600 phone won’t work correctly!!!!

1. Sometimes I can’t hear the other party when bluetooth is connected. Even when I click ’headset’ button, I can’t hear the call from the earpiece or speaker. 
So if the bluetooth headset is connected, I can’t receive or make calls (sometimes).

2. Sometimes when I end a call, the music player starts playing through loud speaker. Note that before the call I didn’t have the music player playing songs.

I have exactly the same problem with my new S4 and my 2006 Lexus RX400h ..... if I can't find fix in the next few days, I'm sorry to say I will be swapping the S4 for a HTC or something that will work with my car ... 

Board View
Newbie bdragomir , 210 Seed Dec 18, 2013 05:58 Post #20 0
I have the same issue with S4 I also tried nexus 5 on kitkat 4.4 and has the same issue soit is not samsung it is android this not to say that samsung could surely keep the stack from 4.1.2 that was working fine. I ended up using a iPhone 5s which I hate bt as it is not as functional as S4 is ... I am a dude so I have rather big hands and iPhone is a chicks phone but for me having bt working with the car (BMW M5) is essential. 
Almost forgot I called Google and told them about the problem and they said call BMW o I told them that BMW is a car manufacturer not a darn phone one and iPhone works so it is not the car and they better fire all those dumb developers then make a better offer to Apple's developers as they can code better... useless to say that Google same as Samsung doesn't give a sh1t about customers so I ended up returning the Nexus 5 and got stuck with the iPhone 
Board View
Newbie sunrise3corp , 220 Seed Dec 19, 2013 01:22 Post #21 0
Big joke with Samsung Galaxy S's 2, 3, 4... My Lexus 2006 GS 300 is having connection problems again. With the Galaxy S2, I downloaded software for the phone which fix the issue. Now, a few years later, buying the Galaxy S4 and 17 days into the phone, I find out the same problem still exsists, but this time with no solution. I am beyond FRUSTRATED and DISAPPOINTED in Samsung. Now I am to purchase other assesorties for the phone to put more money into their pocket and out of mine... JOKE SAMSUNG and LEXUS... they both give you the run around and blame the other.

BOYCOTTE might get some attention!!!

Board View
Newbie lightapplicationteam , 210 Seed Feb 05, 2014 17:35 Post #22 0

Same issue with my 2010 and 2011 Mercedes E350 coupe. The 2010 model won't recognize and the 2011 model will at least recognize but have no audio. Ironically my old circa 2009 iPhone 4s plays music and phone works fine.
Board View
Newbie cerauli4 , 210 Seed Feb 22, 2014 19:56 Post #23 0
If you cannot hear the person when you pick up in your car, or they cannot hear you, download the "sound about" app.  That fixed my connection problem with my 2011 BMW 328I and the Galaxy S4.

I have a new problem... when someone calls me and I press accept in my car, the phone cuts off but it continues ringing in my car even after I connect.  HELP!!!
Board View
Newbie eugenia.pacheco , 310 Seed Jun 09, 2014 12:04 Post #24 0
Same problem. I can pair the S4 (black edtion) with Nissan Connect System on my Juke, but after a couple of minutes the connect pannel goes all black. The Nissan connect system reinicializes, reconnects and then it reinicializes again...and again!
If I can't find an acceptable solution in the next few days I'll have to return my Galaxy S4 to the store and buy another phone!
I never had any problem with my nokias!
Please advise.

Board View
Newbie mickcross , 210 Seed Jun 13, 2014 07:34 Post #25 0

This content has been quoted from eugenia.pacheco’s thought.

Same problem. I can pair the S4 (black edtion) with Nissan Connect System on my Juke, but after a couple of minutes the connect pannel goes all black. The Nissan connect system reinicializes, reconnects and then it reinicializes again...and again!
If I can’t find an acceptable solution in the next few days I’ll have to return my Galaxy S4 to the store and buy another phone!
I never had any problem with my nokias!
Please advise.

Same problem here. Just bought new Nissan Dualis Galaxy S4 wont pair at al. this issue looks like has been going on for a while. Please Samsung rectify your issue.
Board View
Newbie amcgirl1 , 210 Seed Jul 03, 2014 02:14 Post #26 0

My Samsung S4 worked perfectly in my new 2014 Lexus IS 250 purchased the end of February 2014 until a software update that occurred around mid-May or so.  After the software update, the Bluetooth Audio and Phone would disconnect and reconnect every two minutes over and over, etc. as well - annoying as hell!  I went to Lexus and the tech. expert unpaired and repaired my phone (I had also done this) with no success.  All Samsung could suggest was to do a Factory Reset - which I had no choice but to perform.  Luckily all my apps got re-installed but took forever - plus I had to reinstate ones with personal info./passwords, etc. - what a pain!  All seemed fine again until I realized that now I no longer am able to receive my texts in my car and have them be read out loud - which, admittedly is a luxury convenience and not as important as having my phone being accessible - but never-the-less is a bummer because it worked before the software update and now does not!  This was also reported to Samsung and the tech. actually remotely connected to my phone and after 45 minutes or so was unable to resolve the problem.  It was promised that it would be reported and hopefully fixed in the next update.  We'll see...