Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Gear Scoreboard Designer, suggest

Forums View
Started by Newbie vestimov.roma , 600 Seed Dec 19, 2017 23:43 Replies : 2 View : 511 Likes : 1
Hi dev-team!
I wanted to make a simple scoreboard for Fit2 Pro (smart fitness band) via "Gear Watch Designer".

Unfortunately, it's not possible to make a simple script. But I have a suggest that's easy enough to do without changing the designer's concept "watch faces without the complexity of code scripting" (no programming, only customizable).
So..
1) Will add 2 variables (of integer/numerical type), let's call it eg "score1" and "score2".
2) Will add 2 data sources ("data sync" Designer / "source" gwd): "score1" and "score2".
3) Will add new action type ("Action" Designer / "action_type" gwd): "scoreboard";
and 3 sub-action:
3.1) "inc_score1" - increment variable "score1",
3.2) "inc_score2" - increment variable "score2",
3.3) "reset - reset variables "score1" and "score2",
3.extra) "undo" - undo last increment.

This way you can transform the smart fitness band into the simple scoreboard.
For smart-watches making scoreboard (I have few scoreboards) is very easy - there are js and native code, but here...

Generally I would have "Gear Scoreboard Designer" ;)

Sincerely,
Roman

PS: sorry for my bad English
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 36630 Seed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 Post #1 1
Actually now with the limit of 100 changeable pictures, you can make the score additions without any coding, just by tap or double tap action.
Reset would be done easily by selecting another watchface. And for faster reset you can make second watchface of same design with different package name...
Board View
Newbie vestimov.roma , 600 Seed Dec 28, 2017 14:14 Post #2 0
Very much thanks!
So I did it with similar method (yesterday the app was successfully validated). But I would like to make the user management process more convenient. I hope that in the next version (by eg, v.1.6) of the Gear Designer These capabilities will appear - this would be increase area of application of fit-band

This content has been quoted from petruuccios’s thought.

Actually now with the limit of 100 changeable pictures, you can make the score additions without any coding, just by tap or double tap action.
Reset would be done easily by selecting another watchface. And for faster reset you can make second watchface of same design with different package name...