Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Gear Watch Designer does not save.

Forums View
Started by Newbie fvheel , 460 Seed Jan 01, 2018 18:20 Replies : 5 View : 216 Likes : 5
NOTHING i make in Gear Watch Designer is saved!
I can make a watchface and it and it works ok when i run (F8).
When i exit Gear Watch Designer it asks for a name of my watchface.
The folder is "c:\Users\[user]\GearWatchDesigner\workspace\" (wich it should be i think).
When i click "Save" the program exits and returns to my desktop.
So you think Okidoki, watchface saved and program stops.

THEN!!!
I start Gear Watch Designer again but NO SAVED WATCHFACE !!!
So i check the folder "c:\Users\[user]\GearWatchDesigner\workspace\" but NOTING in this folder.
THE PROGRAM DOES NOT STORE ANY FILES !!!

What could be the problem here?
Why can't i save any watchfaces?

Anyone know what's wrong here?

Thank you

Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 34740 Seed Jan 01, 2018 23:52 Post #1 1
Did you try "Save as" and save the project file to a different folder? Perhaps there's an issue with permission settings on your system? Maybe try running GWD by right-clicking on the icon and sellecting "Run as admin"? Seems really strange.
Board View
Samsung Developer s.arefin , 30910 Seed Jan 02, 2018 04:58 Post #2 1
hi,
it is very unusual. when you create a new watchface that time it promt you for project name, so at that time it saved temporary, after design & run when you exit from GWD it also prompt for save, if you save then it should be saved. you can also try out Save As option. 

thanks.
Board View
Newbie fvheel , 460 Seed Jan 02, 2018 19:17 Post #3 1

This content has been quoted from drazen’s thought.

Did you try "Save as" and save the project file to a different folder? Perhaps there’s an issue with permission settings on your system? Maybe try running GWD by right-clicking on the icon and sellecting "Run as admin"? Seems really strange.

Yes i try to save it to a different partition with no luck. Run as administrator also did not work.
Board View
Newbie fvheel , 460 Seed Jan 02, 2018 19:39 Post #4 1

This content has been quoted from fvheel’s thought.

This content has been quoted from drazen’s thought.

Did you try "Save as" and save the project file to a different folder? Perhaps there’s an issue with permission settings on your system? Maybe try running GWD by right-clicking on the icon and sellecting "Run as admin"? Seems really strange.

Yes i try to save it to a different partition with no luck. Run as administrator also did not work.

I did try to remove the program earlier with "Configuration / Programs and Features" but that doesn't remove all the files on your harddrive.
So that did not solve my problem.
I did solve the problem by uninstalling the program completely and removing the complete programfolder & C:\USERS\[user]\GearWatchDesigner folder.
So i think some left over files did make the program act like it did.
I also could not connect to my Gear S3 Classic. That was solved by using the sbd.exe tool.
I hope it still works after a while.

One more question: Does anyone know a nice place where i can download nice components for my watchfaces like battery,steps,hands etc. images?

Thank you all for your comments and sugestions.

Board View
r.liechty , Jan 03, 2018 16:47 Post #5 1
>> One more question: Does anyone know a nice place where i can download nice components for my watchfaces like battery,steps,hands etc. images?

There are some Basic UI resources, Applications and Home Screen resources available from Samsung Gear Watch Designer Site.

I have seen users posted sites to get resources in this forum as well.

Hope this helps