Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

GWD and GearFit2Pro Gyro Issues

Forums View
Started by Newbie naerriow , 520 Seed Dec 26, 2017 21:04 Replies : 6 View : 493 Likes : 4
ive recently noticed some strange behaviour on the gearfit2pro gyro and gearwatchdesigner

instead of setting the gyros X rotation to the image's X Coord and the gyros Y rotation to the image's Y Coord 
it combines the gyros Rotation and sets it to the X and Y Coords.
So instead of this 

i get this:

Board View
Samsung Developer shihabyasin , 47400 Seed Dec 27, 2017 05:45 Post #1 0
Hi,

A Gyro effect is applied when a Gear is tilted at an angle within the -90º to 90º range along the X and Y axes.
It has relative adaptability. For details see images explained in this link:
developer.samsung.com/gear/design/watch-designer/gear-watch-dev

Hope it will help.
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 36470 Seed Dec 27, 2017 06:35 Post #2 1

This content has been quoted from shihabyasin’s thought.

Hi,

A Gyro effect is applied when a Gear is tilted at an angle within the -90º to 90º range along the X and Y axes.
It has relative adaptability. For details see images explained in this link:

Hope it will help.

Sorry, it does not help.
Problem is, that the example given in the guide does not work on the watch (nor the GWD), as it describes the picture.
Even the text describes something else than the picture. It reads about shrinking and inflating the element, while on picture is shown movement along screen.
You have only one gyro slider on the preview in GWD, that changes both axis values simultaneously, same as it does on the watch.
It does not matter around which axis you turn the watch, it still changes both values.
And its not only the Fit watch problem. It "works" same way on my frontier.
Btw., note that even the range for gyro effect in GWD has only the fields -90° 0° 90° common for both axes too.
With any of the GWD versions is not possible to achieve behavior like on the right picture. 

I discovered this, when they introduced this feature. I wanted to make something like spirit level on the watchface, but could not.
Since I only use gyro for the rotating shine, it wasn't important to me to complain much about it.
Maybe there is a bug in the program that has OR where should have been AND, or something like that.
File Attachments
Board View
r.liechty , Dec 27, 2017 16:02 Post #3 2
Hi petruuccios,

I'm not sure if this is a GWD error, and API error or a watch error I will report this to the 
Samsung Developers Program team for follow up.

Thanks for reporting this,

Ron
Board View
Newbie naerriow , 520 Seed Dec 27, 2017 18:05 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from petruuccios’s thought.

This content has been quoted from shihabyasin’s thought. 

Hi,

A Gyro effect is applied when a Gear is tilted at an angle within the -90º to 90º range along the X and Y axes.
It has relative adaptability. For details see images explained in this link:

Hope it will help.

Sorry, it does not help.
Problem is, that the example given in the guide does not work on the watch (nor the GWD), as it describes the picture.
Even the text describes something else than the picture. It reads about shrinking and inflating the element, while on picture is shown movement along screen.
You have only one gyro slider on the preview in GWD, that changes both axis values simultaneously, same as it does on the watch.
It does not matter around which axis you turn the watch, it still changes both values. 
And its not only the Fit watch problem. It "works" same way on my frontier.
Btw., note that even the range for gyro effect in GWD has only the fields -90° 0° 90° common for both axes too.
With any of the GWD versions is not possible to achieve behavior like on the right picture. 

I discovered this, when they introduced this feature. I wanted to make something like spirit level on the watchface, but could not.
Since I only use gyro for the rotating shine, it wasn’t important to me to complain much about it.
Maybe there is a bug in the program that has OR where should have been AND, or something like that.

Thanks man, i thought i am going crazy with this but it is really a bug.... hope they'll fix this.... I wanted to add some kind of 3D effect with this function....
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 36470 Seed Dec 27, 2017 21:11 Post #5 0

This content has been quoted from r.liechty’s thought.

Hi petruuccios,

I’m not sure if this is a GWD error, and API error or a watch error I will report this to the 
Samsung Developers Program team for follow up.

Thanks for reporting this,

Ron

Hi Ron,
you are very kind. Yet I dont give much hopes into that. This feature is nice to have, but I would rather have some other features improved before this.
Like having slider in preview to check every data field not just the % of battery and % of steps. Also to have % data of other goals not just steps.
Anyway, thank you for care.
Peter

Board View
r.liechty , Jan 02, 2018 18:14 Post #6 1
Regarding the Gyro,  

The development team said...
This document was intended to explain 100% version of Gyro features, however it hasn't implemented yet.
As they mentioned, both axis values are changed simultaneously, we are working to improve this on next version.

Ron