Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

High AOD shift a few pixels everytime. Is this normal or can be fixed by some tricks in GWD?

Forums View
Started by Developer ronnieravelo , 1020 Seed Dec 31, 2017 15:54 Replies : 2 View : 145 Likes : 0
I've seen some of my watchface AOD shift by a few pixels here and there randomly. This results to some parts of the WF being cut off because I usually maximize the whole area in my designs and put some text on the edges. I have some users complaining on this. Can it be fixed by some tricks with how I build my WF on GWD or should I just tell my users to live with it? I'm using GWD 1.5.1 on macOS. 

Thanks in advance for any advice

ronnieravelo choose shihabyasin ’s reply as the Best Answer. shihabyasin earned +250 SEED. Jan 03, 2018 02:31
Tags

aod , watchface

Board View
Samsung Developer shihabyasin , 44330 Seed Jan 01, 2018 06:42 Post #1 0
Hi,
Check this link : developer.samsung.com/gear/design/home-structure/watch-face
Screen burn section.

In always-on states the system moves the watch face around at regular intervals by just a few pixels
in order to prevent a burn-in effect occurring on the OLED display. Be aware that design elements near
the edge of a watch face can be pushed out of the display when this happens. Avoid applying high brightness
and high chroma to a large block of pixels. For an analog type watch face, leave the center area empty or dark.

Hope it will help you.
If you find my post is helpful for you, please mark it as answer to promote this post to others.
Board View
Developer ronnieravelo , 1020 Seed Jan 03, 2018 02:32 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from shihabyasin’s thought.

Hi,
Check this link : developer.samsung.com/gear/design/home-structure/watch-face
Screen burn section. 

In always-on states the system moves the watch face around at regular intervals by just a few pixels 
in order to prevent a burn-in effect occurring on the OLED display. Be aware that design elements near 
the edge of a watch face can be pushed out of the display when this happens. Avoid applying high brightness 
and high chroma to a large block of pixels. For an analog type watch face, leave the center area empty or dark.

Hope it will help you.
If you find my post is helpful for you, please mark it as answer to promote this post to others.

I see. Thanks a lot for the response!