Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

How to link the Gear emulator to another Android emulator or physical device

Forums View
Started by Newbie sander , 650 Seed Mar 18, 2014 15:25 Replies : 8 View : 12526 Likes : 15
I represent a company in the Netherlands that was invited to take part in "The Appointment", a contest to create useful apps for the new Gear line.
We have received the SDK to create an app, and have succesfully set everything up including the Gear emulator. However, we are unable to connect the Gear emulator to any of our test devices or Android emulators.  In the SDK supplied to us we found documentation about the HostManager application, however installing that on our devices and searching for a linkable Gear device yields no results.

So my question is basically the following: How do you connect an emulated Gear device to an emulated Android device on the same (Windows) PC?

Any help that might point me in the right direction is highly appreciated.

Tags

Appointment , Gear , SDK , Emulator

Board View
Samsung Developer hsyoon73 , 32420 Seed Mar 19, 2014 09:17 Post #1 3
I think those environment are not supplied.
Basically, the communication is enabled between Phone and Gear through Bluetooth.
And Samsung didn't comment about this.
So we can just use the Gear emulator to develop a standalone application or UI/UX.
Board View
Newbie sander , 650 Seed Mar 19, 2014 09:28 Post #2 4
It really does seem that way, although that seems highly impractical. 
I'm hoping a Samsung representative can shed some more light on this as I don't understand why Samsung would host a contest where the developers can't actually develop an app for the target device without owning the actual device. 

This content has been quoted from hsyoon73’s thought.

I think those environment are not supplied.
Basically, the communication is enabled between Phone and Gear through Bluetooth.
And Samsung didn’t comment about this.
So we can just use the Gear emulator to develop a standalone application or UI/UX.

Board View
Newbie p_minovic , 420 Seed Apr 04, 2014 08:54 Post #3 2
Are there any news regarding this post? We are in the same boat  having the same problem.
I guess we need the GearManager app for the host smart-phone, but no idea where to find it.
Is it only available with the purchase of the new Gear-2 device?
And how about the GearManager app for Gear-1, has anybody tried to use it?

Board View
Newbie jwrlaney , 260 Seed Apr 21, 2014 19:12 Post #4 2

This content has been quoted from p_minovic’s thought.

Are there any news regarding this post? We are in the same boat  having the same problem.
I guess we need the GearManager app for the host smart-phone, but no idea where to find it.
Is it only available with the purchase of the new Gear-2 device?
And how about the GearManager app for Gear-1, has anybody tried to use it?

I am also in the same boat. I have everything set up. Android IDE with emulator host device and Tizen IDE with emulator gear device. I also have a physical host device (Galaxy Note 3). Is there a way to communicate between emulators, i.e. spoof the Bluetooth pair or use the bluetooth in my computer running the gear emulator to pair with my Note 3 device??

Side note: Does anybody know anything about the RTOS SDK for the Gear Fit. My company purchased two hoping we could develop widgets and what not for the gear fit and extract data to a host device running a custom app? Or does all development have to be via S health SDK..

Thanks!!
Board View
Newbie sunilsunny565 , 940 Seed Apr 23, 2014 12:55 Post #5 4
http://img-developer.samsung.com/contents/cmm/Guideline_on_Testing_Gear_applications_using_the_Emulator.pdf
It seem's samsung finally released something after the contest.
Board View
Newbie homeworktiger , 450 Seed Jun 19, 2017 03:52 Post #6 0

This content has been quoted from p_minovic’s thought.

Are there any news regarding this post? We are in the same boat  having the same problem.
I guess we need the GearManager app for the host smart-phone, but no idea where to find it.
Is it only available with the purchase of the new Gear-2 device?
And how about the GearManager app for Gear-1, has anybody tried to use it?

yes go to youtube and type it you will see some helpfull videos 

tutoring site
Board View
Developer blessintthomas , 1830 Seed Nov 23, 2017 06:24 Post #7 0
Good Information & Nice Post

Blessin Thomas

Mocell Solutions - Mobile App Development Company in Dubai
Mobile App Development Company in UAE - App Development Company Dubai UAE
Board View
Newbie rama261211 , 510 Seed Dec 26, 2017 08:00 Post #8 0
For Solution, Kindly Visit Motorolalaunch