General Board

• Recommend useful replies to give out SEEDs and raise your level as well.
  • You can select the most useful reply as the Best Answer for your thread.
  • Share topics you want to discuss on Facebook or Twitter and earn SEEDs!
  • Share your knowledge by posting in threads that interest you.
Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

How to move apps to external sd card on Samsung Galaxy S Duos

Forums View
Started by Newbie lizasarala , 0 Seed Aug 18, 2013 15:30 Posts : 14 View : 67813 Likes : 0
Hello Gurus,

Need your help!!! I feel helpless. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S Duos & not able to transfer the apps to external Sd card, as a result of which,the performance of my phone is really affected because my phone memory is full & have to delete any application every time I want to use any new apps.

If Samsung has provided an option for using external sd card there must be a way we can use it, can any one guide me with step by step procedure.

Really appreciate your help.

Board View
Expert Developer apapus , 24920 Seed Aug 19, 2013 09:23 Post #1 0
 The feature to transfer apps to SD card has not been present since ICS.
You could do it by rooting your phone, but I don't recommend doing that.
Cheers, A.

This content has been quoted from lizasarala@’s thought. (Link to original post)

Hello Gurus,

Need your help!!! I feel helpless. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S Duos & not able to transfer the apps to external Sd card, as a result of which,the performance of my phone is really affected because my phone memory is full & have to delete any application every time I want to use any new apps.

If Samsung has provided an option for using external sd card there must be a way we can use it, can any one guide me with step by step procedure.

Board View
Newbie lizasarala , 0 Seed Aug 19, 2013 13:38 Post #2 0
 Hello A,

Thanks for your reply. Then what is the purpose of micro SD slot in all samsung mobiles? If rooting is not suggestable then can you tell me some ways how can I transfer the applications because my phone memory is full & have to delete any application every time I want to use any new apps.

This content has been quoted from apapus@’s thought. (Link to original post)

Cheers, A.

This content has been quoted from lizasarala@’s thought. (Link to original post)

Hello Gurus,

Board View
Expert Developer apapus , 24920 Seed Aug 19, 2013 14:24 Post #3 0
 The SD card is there to let you keep more data. I cannot recommend rooting, because unexperienced users can do some damage to their device.
In Galaxy S4, there is an option to copy apps to SD card, so maybe a firmware update will get you what you want.

Cheers, A.

Hello A,

Thanks for your reply. Then what is the purpose of micro SD slot in all samsung mobiles? If rooting is not suggestable then can you tell me some ways how can I transfer the applications because my phone memory is full & have to delete any application every time I want to use any new apps.

Cheers, A.

Hello Gurus,

Board View
Newbie hrishikesh.cheulkar , 0 Seed Sep 12, 2013 11:52 Post #4 0
 hey there please do not root ur phone. i have rooted my phone once but no use no option of move to sd card. thats y i again unrooted my cell its better nw.

Hello Gurus,

Board View
Newbie felixfrancis91 , 0 Seed Sep 16, 2013 02:04 Post #5 0
 HEY THR... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE PROCEDURE TO MOVE APPS TO SD CARD AS IM HAVING A LOT OF PROBLEMS IN MY GALAXY S DUOS...
plz contact me thru my mail - felixfrancis91@gmail.com

This content has been quoted from hrishikesh.cheulkar@’s thought. (Link to original post)

hey there please do not root ur phone. i have rooted my phone once but no use no option of move to sd card. thats y i again unrooted my cell its better nw.

Hello Gurus,

Board View
Newbie edzhcarrascal , 0 Seed Oct 01, 2013 18:13 Post #6 0
Hi, Was experiencing same problem.

Do you then recommend this App (AppMgr III (App 2 SD)) to solve this?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd

Thanks.

Cheers, A.

Hello Gurus,

Board View
Newbie tglpeiris , 0 Seed Oct 02, 2013 08:24 Post #7 0

Hello Gurus,

Board View
Newbie pvanbavel , 210 Seed Nov 05, 2013 08:59 Post #8 0
Have a look here:

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/43357/how-to-move-application-to-sd-card-in-samsung-galaxy-s-duos (bottom of the page!)

Let me know if that works!

Board View
Newbie karunaagaran.nr , 210 Seed Nov 18, 2013 11:30 Post #9 0
The APPMgr II says there is no SD card or the SD card is emulated and doesnt allow moving the APPS.

Any other working solutions to this issue..

Regards
Karuna

This content has been quoted from edzhcarrascal’s thought.

Hi, Was experiencing same problem.

Do you then recommend this App (AppMgr III (App 2 SD)) to solve this?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd

Thanks.

You could do it by rooting your phone, but I don’t recommend doing that.
Cheers, A.

Hello Gurus,

Board View
Newbie anandsoni6219 , 210 Seed Dec 05, 2013 12:01 Post #10 0
Any body can help me to transfer app from phone to SD card In my Galaxy S DOUS...

Code

Board View
Newbie pennywiseindia123 , 210 Seed Jan 01, 2014 04:26 Post #11 0
Sir,
I purchased a SAMSUNG DUOS TREND mobile hand set on 24/11/2013.I want to move APPS from phone to SD(8GB) card.Kindly GUIDE me How I do this.
PK Jain
Mobile No. 9993025698

Board View
Newbie dessa_tolentino , 210 Seed Jan 02, 2014 09:50 Post #12 0

This content has been quoted from lizasarala’s thought.

Hello Gurus,

Code

Board View
Developer 1246620581 , 2040 Seed Apr 05, 2014 11:21 Post #13 0
One Click to Transfer Andriod Data to Samsung Galaxy S5

Phone to Phone Transfer allows users to directly transfer various contents between two Phones with one click among Android, Symbian, BlackBerry and iOS devices. Powerful functions let you transfer not simply contacts, but also SMS, call logs, photos, music, videos and apps 100% risk-free. This easy-to-use and innovative Phone Transfer software provide you a competent and effective solution if you've purchased a new smartphone and want an easy way to migrate (or backup) your data. So you can easily transfer your Android data to Samsung Galaxy S5.

Board View
Developer leizhouanna , 5530 Seed Jun 24, 2014 08:32 Post #14 0
Hi,You Can Back It All Up or Restore with a Click-- MobileGo for Android :

MobileGo for Android is a life saver for those who love music and video, text a lot and juggle apps on their Android phones and tablets.

*Android Fans: Backup everything to PC with 1 click & retain 100% quality.
*Music Lovers: Instantly add fun stuff and enjoy media anytime, anywhere.
*App Addicts: Download, install, uninstall and export apps quickly and easily.
*Socialites: Transfer contacts from/to Outlook and send & reply SMS seamlessly from your PC

Learn more: http://www.cyhgoodsoft.com/index.asp