Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Images that tick with each second, flicker problem

Forums View
Started by Newbie darthmo72 , 410 Seed Dec 13, 2017 13:45 Replies : 4 View : 308 Likes : 0
Hi

I have an HP Bar type image that increases per second. Imagine a horizantal bar increasing in size to the right per second. I have 60 different images (one per each second). I set it up so each second displays each image and then back again. But I notice there is some flicker in between each second (I think the image is being redrawn each time). Is it possible anyway to keep previous image and then just draw the new one on top to prevent this flicker? Or any other suggestion? It seems to be specific for the S2 only. Works fine with S3 with no flicker.

Also, it is a Pokemon themed watchface. It failed with the reviewer for copyright issues. Anyway to get round it? I see multiple Pokemon related faces on market already... (Two of which are mine).

TIA!
Board View
Expert Developer petruuccios , 28870 Seed Dec 13, 2017 15:18 Post #1 0
Hi,
I only have experience with flickering bitmap font and didnt find cure yet.
I doubt this would change much, but maybe you could try to invert the logic of the image bar,
and instead making images appear with the seconds, let the layers disappear.
Board View
r.liechty , Dec 13, 2017 16:09 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from darthmo72’s thought.

Hi

I have an HP Bar type image that increases per second. Imagine a horizantal bar increasing in size to the right per second. I have 60 different images (one per each second). I set it up so each second displays each image and then back again. But I notice there is some flicker in between each second (I think the image is being redrawn each time). Is it possible anyway to keep previous image and then just draw the new one on top to prevent this flicker? Or any other suggestion? It seems to be specific for the S2 only. Works fine with S3 with no flicker.

Also, it is a Pokemon themed watchface. It failed with the reviewer for copyright issues. Anyway to get round it? I see multiple Pokemon related faces on market already... (Two of which are mine).

TIA!

We are aware of an issue, and believe it's fixed for the next release. The main reason this issue happen is if Moonphase and bitmap are font used at the same time, 

If this is not your issue, can you send me more information so the development team can test it?

Thanks 

Ron

Board View
Expert Developer stevenbarlowtx , 25940 Seed Dec 13, 2017 16:15 Post #3 0

This content has been quoted from r.liechty’s thought.

We are aware of an issue, and believe it’s fixed for the next release. The main reason this issue happen is if Moonphase and bitmap are font used at the same time, 

If this is not your issue, can you send me more information so the development team can test it?

Thanks 

Ron

======================================

Is the flickering weather conditions icon going to be fixed as well? Or is there a work around?  Thanks.

Board View
Newbie darthmo72 , 410 Seed Dec 13, 2017 23:09 Post #4 0
Yeah, it's a bitmap setup I had. (60 images for each second.)

So I'm not alone, ok, that's good.

Thanks.