Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email :

In Samsung Gear S3, how to send bluetooth data to Ionic or React Native app?

Forums View
Started by Newbie dustyroxanne , 140 Seed Mar 06, 2018 21:00 Replies : 1 View : 107 Likes : 0
Is there a way to send sensor data from a Samsung Gear S3 watch(e.g. heart rate data) to a smartwatch app(react native or Ionic app) via bluetooth?

I have built a Tizen app for a Samsung Gear S3 wearable using the web API. In my app I am saving heart rate data in an Indexed DB and I want to send the data in frequent intervals to a mobile app via bluetooth. 
The problem is that I cannot figure out how to send the data via bluetooth. I have already looked into the Samsung Accessory Protocol (SAP) API but it seems to only support android phones and I want a solution that works on iOs devices too.

Is there a way to send data via bluetooth from the Samsung Gear S3 to an iphone and an android phone and if yes what can I use to do this? 
How can I send my data via bluetooth to a react native or Ionic app in a smartwatch?
I have so far not found any api offered by Samsung for their smartwatch that provides the required features. 
Board View
Expert Developer armaan.ul.islam9 , 22000 Seed Mar 07, 2018 13:57 Post #1 0
BLE Communication could be an option to communicate between three platforms (Tizen, Android ,iOS). I've shared some relevant Info on these posts:

This is possible get training and pulse data from Samsung Gear3 to native app for iOS /iPhone ?

Subscribe BLE