Samsung SDKs

• Recommend useful replies to give out SEEDs and raise your level as well.
  • You can select the most useful reply as the Best Answer for your thread.
  • Share topics you want to discuss on Facebook or Twitter and earn SEEDs!
  • Share your knowledge by posting in threads that interest you.
Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

S Health stopped working GS4

Forums View
Started by Newbie luk3bartl3tt , 0 Seed Oct 22, 2013 21:01 Posts : 1 View : 5068 Likes : 0
After using my GS4 since July and using S Health almost every day.  I encountered some frustrating adware and so performed a simple factory reset on the handset.  

Upon reinstallation of firmware/updates I have discovered S health will no longer work, nor exercise mate, food tracker or step counter.

I have tried running the app from widgets etc, I have tried uninstalling updates to run stock version. None work.  This is a problem.  When I try to run it i receive the error message "Unfortunately, S Health has stopped"

I have power cycled the handset (turned it off and on) as well as read many forums online regarding folks with the same problem.  This seems like a software error rather than hardware however I am no Doctor of engineering so I turn to you for help.

Most folks are advised to return the handset to the manufacturer.  Is this the only solution Samsung offers for their 'flagship' device?
Tags

SHealthstoppedworking-GS4

Board View
Newbie tungnd2002 , 220 Seed Dec 05, 2013 03:11 Post #1 0
I thing you should bring your phone to Samsung service center to take maintenance. S4 use acceleration sensor and pressure sensor to recognize status of up/down step.
May be your device had some problem with hardware (may be about above sensor), so when run S Health app, these sensor cant work, so S Health has stopped.

This content has been quoted from luk3bartl3tt’s thought.

After using my GS4 since July and using S Health almost every day.  I encountered some frustrating adware and so performed a simple factory reset on the handset.  

Upon reinstallation of firmware/updates I have discovered S health will no longer work, nor exercise mate, food tracker or step counter.

I have tried running the app from widgets etc, I have tried uninstalling updates to run stock version. None work.  This is a problem.  When I try to run it i receive the error message "Unfortunately, S Health has stopped"

I have power cycled the handset (turned it off and on) as well as read many forums online regarding folks with the same problem.  This seems like a software error rather than hardware however I am no Doctor of engineering so I turn to you for help.

Most folks are advised to return the handset to the manufacturer.  Is this the only solution Samsung offers for their ’flagship’ device?