Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Usage of official Samsung Gear images for own watch face promotion?

Forums View
Started by Newbie georg.slavka , 660 Seed Dec 31, 2017 10:06 Replies : 4 View : 432 Likes : 0
Is it actually allowed to use official Samsung Gear high resolution images (e.g. as seen on img.global.news.samsung.com/de/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/03-Gear-Sport_Black_45-Left-612x408.jpg ) for the promotion of your watch face designs? - specifically by exchanging the standard watch face by your own design in photoshop and switching the background maybe? Or are there any other free image resources for the Samsung Gear devices?

Board View
Samsung Developer shaswatimist , 44070 Seed Jan 01, 2018 06:33 Post #1 0
You may try following this link to know about design principles in detail.
Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 45470 Seed Jan 01, 2018 12:54 Post #2 0
This question was raised before a few times, and to cut the story short, yes - you can use the official Samsung images for promotional purposes in the way you described. You will not get in any trouble. However, I'm not sure if you are allowed to use them outside of Galaxy Apps.
Board View
Newbie georg.slavka , 660 Seed Jan 02, 2018 14:45 Post #3 0
Thank you!!!  

Meanwhile I've found the following text passage on resources.samsungdevelopers.com/Samsung_Gear_(Tizen_Wearables)/Watch_Face_Apps/Promote_Watch_Face_Apps

"You can use images to promote your apps and products via your advertising channels. Images can be either standalone screenshots or screenshots overlaid on top of a Samsung device image (available from the Samsung Mobile Press Images, http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/)."

This content has been quoted from drazen’s thought.

This question was raised before a few times, and to cut the story short, yes - you can use the official Samsung images for promotional purposes in the way you described. You will not get in any trouble. However, I’m not sure if you are allowed to use them outside of Galaxy Apps.

Board View
Newbie vpobauru , 230 Seed Jan 13, 2018 14:08 Post #4 0
I already used the image of Samsung Gear in my project cinema bauru and I had no problem. You should remember to give the credits and not modify the image keeping the Samsung logo, because in this case you have modified the image of the company. Hope this helps.