Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email :

User option to change colour? Tap or press.

Forums View
Started by Developer tony , 4470 Seed Mar 03, 2018 19:45 Replies : 1 View : 213 Likes : 0
I’ve been away from designing for a while and I was wondering if there is a way for users to change the colour scheme of a watch face by long pressing or tapping a watch face?

i know other watches in the store can do this but I’d like to be able to do this via GWD instead.

Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 34880 Seed Mar 04, 2018 07:19 Post #1 0
Yes there is a way.
Yet with GWD it does not look like on the watchfaces that come installed on watch from factory (no long press-customization option).
On GWD you have to:
0. Add image to the watchface (its up to you what area you want to change, so prepare pictures for it)
1. Set the image to act as button
2. It will add new tab to properties window, so you have to open it
3. Choose the tap action of the "button" to single or double tap
4. Set the action to "change image"
5. Hit the plus to add images of different colors, designs or both to the "button"
You can add multiple "buttons" to the watchface, just keep in mind, if they overlap, only the top most layer area is touch sensitive.
Also if you change color and opacity of the main picture in its appearance properties, it can affect the added changeable pictures too.

Btw, I guess 99% of the watchfces in store were made using GWD, so those with changeable colors were made this way.

File Attachments