Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Where to buy device to test watch face AOD current, and associated app?

Forums View
Started by Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 47530 Seed Dec 20, 2017 00:39 Replies : 2 View : 490 Likes : 0
Had a couple of my watch faces rejected because the AOD cuurent was too high, and they sent a video of what looks like a phone conected to the watch with a wire. Where do we buy this magic equipment so that we can test our watch faces, and what's the app called? GWD obviuosly doesn't provide a good solution:

The GWD low-bit-colour Current On-Pixel Ratio for my watch face is 7.8%
The GWD high-colour Current On-Pixel Ratio for my watch face is 9.5%.

But this is the reject message I got, so I need to get a current tester or figure out OPR to current ratios...

<Defect>
          Measured current in AOD mode is higher than standard current while application is running.
          - Tested application
          Average current: 22.09 mA
          - Samsung standard sleep current
          Average current: 10 mA under

<Procedure>
          Pre-condition: Setting > Watch always on = ON
          1. Apply clock
          2. Let gear goes to sleep mode [AOD ON] > Check the current during 5 minutes.

<Expected result>
          Measured sleep current must not exceed standard current.
Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 45470 Seed Dec 20, 2017 22:09 Post #1 0
Hmmm... This is totally new to me! Never saw that they used current measurments for AOD modes. That's really strange. Can you maybe provide the video that they've sent you? I'd love to see this in action.

I usually rely on OPR that GWD provides and never had any problems or rejections. 

If there is indeed something that has changed, I think we should've been told. To me this sounds like something they might use for watchfaces made in Tizen Studio, where depending on various functions you may actually end up with a high battery drain, but I've never seen GWD watchfaces being tested this way.

Just a thought but have you tried running "Analyze" in GWD? Maybe the OPR changes over time?

Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 36470 Seed Dec 28, 2017 07:09 Post #2 0
If its real and not some kind of joke, 
1. they should used this device on the their own apps and updates and would have figured out that those are source of increased average battery drain.
2. they should tell people when joining developer program, that they are expected to measure curents.
3. there should be some kind of info in documentation what the standard values are...

Btw, a multimeter to measure curent is a cheap device, but for being able to perform what they ask you, you would have to open your watch and break the waranty.