When the content is inappropriate for an age group, your application may not be serviced on the TV.
If there are any problems after launching the app, the service may be stopped. Applications must not contain violent or pornographic content or abusive language.
This document outlines the Samsung Apps’s applications rating policy and states how applications should be rated.
If you’ve submitted your application, you will need to provide ‘Age ratings’. As you know, the rating of an application confirms that it is suitable for a certain age group. For example, a 12+ application is only suitable for those who are aged twelve and above. Samsung Apps has ‘Application rating guidelines’. Refer to the Application rating guidelines
|Sex||None||None||- Mild sexual behavior (eg kissing) may be allowed.||- Mild or infrequent reference to sex.
- Non-explicit depictions of sexual behavior.
|- Frequent or intense reference to sex.
- Sexual behavior may be portrayed but without strong detail.
|Violence||None||None||-Mild or infrequent violence, without detail, may be allowed.
- No emphasis of realistic or easily accessible weapons.
- Animated blood may be allowed, but any depiction of blood must be unrealistic
|- Mild or infrequent violence may be allowed.
- There should be no emphasis on injuries or blood.
- Realistic or easily accessible weapons should not be glamorized.
|-Violence may be strong but may not focus on scenes involving murder, suicide, accidental/violent death, torture and so forth.
- Descriptions of blood may be allowed.
-Realistic or easily accessible weapons should not be
|None||None||- Horror effects should be brief and take into consideration the presence of young users.||- Mild or infrequent occurrences of horror- themed images / sounds / text.||- Strong threats are permitted.
- Strong gory images or cruelty including a high level of fear or anxiety are unlikely to be acceptable.
|Bad Language||None||None||- Mild use of bad language may be allowed.||- Mild use of bad language.
- The use of strong language (eg the word ‘fuck’) must be infrequent.
- Continual use of strong language is unlikely to be acceptable.
|- Frequent use of offensive language or explicit sexual references.
- Continual use of strong language is unlikely to be acceptable.
|None||None||- Mild reference to images or descriptions of alcoholic beverages/tobacco products.||- Mild reference to images or descriptions of alcoholic beverages/tobacco products.||- Depictions of the consumption of alcoholic beverages /tobacco products may be shown but must not be promoted.|
|Gambling||None||None||- Mild reference to images or descriptions of gambling activities.||- Mild reference to images or descriptions of gambling activities.||- Player can gamble without betting real cash or currency.|
For each content description, you should determine the appropriate rating that describes your application and provide age rating information. Your self-rating is subject to Samsung Apps’s approval. The age rating that you submit will be reviewed by content raters whether it follows Samsung Apps’s guidelines or not. Each application age rating is based on the consensus of at least three trained raters who will review the application based on Samsung Apps’s content description.
|All||Titles rated All have content that may be suitable for all users. Titles may contain no material that would be found explicit: sexual descriptions, graphic violence, offensive language, the use of alcohol, tobacco, gambling and so forth. Titles should be understandable even to very young children.|
|4+||Titles rated 4+ have content that may be suitable for most users, including all of those above the age of 4. Titles may contain no material that would be found explicit: sexual descriptions, graphic violence, offensive language, the use of alcohol, tobacco, gambling and so forth. Titles should be appropriate for young children.|
|12+||Titles rated 12+ have content that may be suitable for ages 12 and older. Titles may contain mild or infrequent occurrences of violence, sexual descriptions or images and the infrequent use of bad language.|
|16+||Titles rated 16+ have content that may be suitable for ages 16 and older. Titles may contain mild or infrequent violence, mild or infrequent sexual descriptions or images, infrequent use of bad language and depictions of crude humor, minimal blood, and simulated gambling.|
|18+||Titles rated 18+ have content that may be suitable for ages 18 and older. They may contain frequent and intense violence, offensive language, and sexual themes as well as the use of alcohol, tobacco and gambling. Due to their adult content, these titles are not intended for persons under the age of 18.|
Samsung Apps TV will not allow “Banned Content”. “Banned content” refers to content as defined in Section 3 of the “Samsung Apps Certification Guide”.
If you have an industry recognized rating such as ESRB, PEGI, GRB, FSK and NJ/DEJUS for your game, you may submit it. We will then briefly review your rating before permit its use. For your reference, please examine at the chart below.
- MJ/DEJUS rating certificate is not necessarily required to distribute game applications in Brazil. If an application does not have an MJ/DEJUS certificate but has an ESRB, PEGI certificate, it will be assigned the corresponding MJ/DEJUS age rating. If it does not have an age rating from any official agency, it will be provided with an 18+ rating.
- In South Korea, exceptionally for the games for children under the age of 18, sellers do not need to get age rating from GRB(South Korea), because Samsung Apps has been entitled to officially determine age rating for those games instead of GRB.
However, game applications that include gambling or content not proper for children under the age of 18 will not approved by the autonomous age rating of SamsungApps.
For 18 above game applications in South Korea, you still have to get issued rating certificate from GRB.
Content over the age of 18:
- The content of the game has representation of anti-social idea, religion and public morals that would be harmful to children under 18 emotionally and physically
- The content and motif of the game have representation of obscenity, violence, speculation, etc. that would be harmful to children under 19 (direct and indirect graphical representation of sexuality, violence, improper language (expletives)
- The content of the game has gambling spirit, existence of arousing of passion of excessive use of gaming money or dependence on one’s luck *(but game for real gaining or loss of one’s asset will be rejected.)
- To distribute games for non-children in South Korea, GRB information is required when registering a game application. Before registering the games over the age of 18 on Samsung Apps in South Korea, sellers have to get issued rating certificate (including rating confirmation number) from GRB.