|Announcing the S Pen SDK 2.2.5 for the GALAXY Note series!|
Nov 16, 2012
We are pleased to confirm that the latest version of the S Pen SDK for the Samsung GALAXY Note is now available to download, bringing the Multi-Window feature for the GALAXY Note II. Multiple apps can be loaded in multiple windows, providing more flexibility for the end user and true PC-like multi-tasking wherever it’s needed.
Download the SDK now at
New/Updated in S Pen SDK 2.2.5
- Multi Window and its related APIs were added to improve the usability of apps that utilize the S Pen on the GALAXY Note II.
- The screen can be split vertically or horizontally within apps that use the S Pen without switching to another screen, allowing the user to display related apps on one screen simultaneously.
- Multi Window supports data transaction using the clipboard, as well as drag & drop to allow easy sharing of data between apps that use Multi Window
*Note: GALAXY Note II devices for some regions or carriers may require upgrading to the latest firmware to use Multi Window.
- Deprecated methods can be used in the previous 2.2 version and the current version, but they will be removed in future versions
The SDK includes 20 sample apps for you to use in your own applications, so you can quickly understand how to make the most of each available method. You can find the samples at http://developer.samsung.com/s-pen-sdk/samples
In addition, there is some extenstion for developers using Unity Engine, a popular 3D game engine. You can integrate the S Pen SDK library into their apps. To make integrating the S Pen and Unity easier, the S Pen SDK Unity Extension is available as a simple “package file” that is easily consumed in Unity as a Unity Plug-in. Download at http://developer.samsung.com/s-pen-sdk/unity-extension
- Prev [S Pen Success Story in China] A student team from HIT, the developer of Hero Saves...
- Next Winners of Samsung Smart App Challenge 2012 Unveiled