Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

How do you activate developer mode on Family Hub fridge?

Forums View
Started by Newbie geordiemof**** , 150 Seed Nov 28, 2017 09:08 Replies : 4 View : 6064 Likes : 4
Hi all, I have a family hub fridge and want to experiment with creating my own apps with Tizen studio.  Is ther a tutorial somewhere on connecting Tizen studio to Family Hub?  'm assuming I need to activate developer mode but I'm not going to rip open my fridge and find a serial port so there must be an in-OS way to do it similar to phones.

Thanks!

Board View
Newbie marvin.hasenm**** , 380 Seed Dec 01, 2017 14:18 Post #1 1
Yeah, there is a tutorial, but I can't connect to the family hub with this tutorial. The Tizen Studio Remote Device Manager doesn't recognize the fridge in the network. So my question is also like yours. How can I connect via the Tizen Studio remote Device Manager to my Family Hub? I tried it with the "scan device" option and I tried to enter the IP address and standard port (26101?) but still can't find the fridge.
Board View
Newbie sy**** , 260 Seed Dec 05, 2017 00:58 Post #2 1
Anyone manage to solve this yet?
Board View
Newbie abdulwaheeddevelope**** , 610 Seed Mar 08, 2018 18:09 Post #3 2
To develop for the Family Hub, you need to request access to the documentation - apparently Samsung does not want to enable DIY-ers to sideload whatever they want on their fridge, and to some extent I can understand that
Enabling developer mode is not yet documented (publicly) on actual household Family Hub devices
To register as a Partner, you got to have a clear vision and designs regarding your service that is going to run on the fridge
From this, I think Samsung does not want to handle Family Hub devices as regular IOT devices, and will have a quite tight grip around the platform - much like how they do it with the Gear series, e.g. you can only use your own apps for a certain time, and apps can't just be installed from third party sources. I wouldn't be surprised if they locked down third party APK sources in Oreo on the Galaxy line.
Board View
Newbie f**** , 300 Seed Nov 17, 2018 07:07 Post #4 0
Thank you abdulwaheed, great information sharing.

Regards,
LeeryFox

This content has been quoted from abdulwaheeddevelope****’s thought.

To develop for the Family Hub, you need to request access to the documentation - apparently Samsung does not want to enable DIY-ers to sideload whatever they want on their fridge, and to some extent I can understand that
Enabling developer mode is not yet documented (publicly) on actual household Family Hub devices
To register as a Partner, you got to have a clear vision and designs regarding your service that is going to run on the fridge
From this, I think Samsung does not want to handle Family Hub devices as regular IOT devices, and will have a quite tight grip around the platform - much like how they do it with the Gear series, e.g. you can only use your own apps for a certain time, and apps can’t just be installed from third party sources. I wouldn’t be surprised if they locked down third party APK sources in Oreo on the Galaxy line.