Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Followup: Where to buy device to test watch face AOD current, and associated app?

Forums View
Started by Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 61510 Seed Dec 28, 2017 17:58 Replies : 2 View : 767 Likes : 0
Created a new post to provide additional information because old posts just drop off the radar, and I'm interested to know if anyone else had their watch faces rejected for this same issue.  I have attached screen grabs of the video they sent because it's very large...

My watch face was rejected because the AOD cuurent was too high, and they sent a video of what looks like a phone conected to the watch with a wire. Where do we buy this magic equipment so that we can test our watch faces, and what's the app called? GWD obviuosly doesn't provide a good solution because everything tested on GWD looks within their limits:

The GWD low-bit-colour Current On-Pixel Ratio for my watch face is 7.8%
The GWD high-colour Current On-Pixel Ratio for my watch face is 9.5%.

But this is the reject message I got, so I need to get a current tester or figure out OPR to current ratios...

<Defect>
Measured current in AOD mode is higher than standard current while application is running.
- Tested application
Average current: 22.09 mA
- Samsung standard sleep current
Average current: 10 mA under

<Procedure>
Pre-condition: Setting > Watch always on = ON
1. Apply clock
2. Let gear goes to sleep mode [AOD ON] > Check the current during 5 minutes.

<Expected result>
Measured sleep current must not exceed standard current.
File Attachments
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 42840 Seed Dec 28, 2017 18:42 Post #1 0
This expected result is nowhere in the documentation. We are supposed to work with opr values not with curent.
I still cant believe how they could claim your watchface was the cause. There could run any buggy firmware or app in background.
Were in the video a curent measured on any of "samsung standard" watchface giving "standard curent" values?
If their testing watch received same bug as my watch did, then no matter what you measure at home, they would still complain about high curent.
A week ago my watch with basic watchface consumed like3-4% of battery per hour, even when it was laying sleeping (without AoD on) on the desk.
Just send it to the test again, maybe you will get some more reasonable person or better test watch with next attempt...

Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 50000 Seed Dec 29, 2017 01:40 Post #2 0
If I am getting these screenshots correctly, they start with a fully white background and do a test measurment with what would most likely be the highest battery drain possible, since white causes all three pixel arrays to be fully lit up. They run the test for 18 seconds. This is the benchmark. I tried to figure out how those average values are calculated, but the numbers don't make much sense. How can an average between 037 and 012 be 32? Maybe it's time related...

Then they set test parameters and run the test on your watchface. Apparently, if the test detects current draw of 100 for a period of longer than 300 (probably miliseconds?), it's considered too high. 

Now, just by looking at your watchface, it's clear there's no way that black watchface can produce the result value of 035. It just doesn't make sense.

My guess is that none of us never saw this before simply because no one was able to produce a watchface with OPR of 10% that ends up drawing same amount of power as a fully white screen.

And I think this has nothing to do with you. This morning I got an update that had just one thing listed in the description - "Extends battery life". So it was probably something in the Tizen 3.0 firmware that was causing the huge drain and your watchface just ended up looking guilty.