Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Suggestion: conditional parameter based on BPM (heartbeat) speed

Forums View
Started by Samsung Developer drazen , 50000 Seed Jan 03, 2018 19:31 Replies : 6 View : 745 Likes : 1
I have a suggestion for the dev team! 

Wouldn't it be cool if we could have BPM added as conditional parameter based on the hearbeat speed? Basically, make it work same as Battery level or Steps.

Split the range into 15 segments between the average heartrate range of 50 and 200 and let us use different graphics or animations for each level. 

I'm guessing this should not be too hard, since the same principle is used for Steps or Battery level and it would certainly make it more attractive for watchfaces that are focused on health and sport. For example, I have a simulated heartbeat animation on some of my watchfaces and I have noticed that many people expect the animation to be in sync with the actual heartbeat rate - which is actually kind of understandable. But right now we can't provide such a feature.

drazen choose r.liechty ’s reply as the Best Answer. r.liechty earned +250 SEED. Jan 04, 2018 18:18
Tags

bpm , hearbeat , animation

Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 42840 Seed Jan 04, 2018 08:15 Post #1 0
Let me add, it would be cool, if we could use conditional line and slider for preview for every data text/hand, that we are alowed to include into design.
For example if I could change background according to temperature from freezing trough mild to scorching hot (without need to assign picture to 100 bitmap font strings).

Board View
r.liechty , Jan 04, 2018 16:08 Post #2 1
I'll pass this on in my weekly report to the Development team.

Ron
Board View
r.liechty , Jan 08, 2018 15:58 Post #3 0

This content has been quoted from petruuccios’s thought.

Let me add, it would be cool, if we could use conditional line and slider for preview for every data text/hand, that we are alowed to include into design.
For example if I could change background according to temperature from freezing trough mild to scorching hot (without need to assign picture to 100 bitmap font strings).

Development team said:
On next version, you can test all the data with Run preview panel. 

Ron

Board View
r.liechty , Jan 08, 2018 16:00 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from drazen’s thought.

I have a suggestion for the dev team! 

Wouldn’t it be cool if we could have BPM added as conditional parameter based on the hearbeat speed? Basically, make it work same as Battery level or Steps.

Split the range into 15 segments between the average heartrate range of 50 and 200 and let us use different graphics or animations for each level. 

I’m guessing this should not be too hard, since the same principle is used for Steps or Battery level and it would certainly make it more attractive for watchfaces that are focused on health and sport. For example, I have a simulated heartbeat animation on some of my watchfaces and I have noticed that many people expect the animation to be in sync with the actual heartbeat rate - which is actually kind of understandable. But right now we can’t provide such a feature.

Development Team said
Our goal is to include all the data to conditional line and now adding one by one.
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 42840 Seed Jan 08, 2018 18:40 Post #5 0
Those are great news Ron, thanks for bringing them.
Can we expect the new version soon (week, month), or are we still in phase of collecting suggestions for it?
Board View
r.liechty , Jan 09, 2018 16:19 Post #6 0

This content has been quoted from petruuccios’s thought.

Those are great news Ron, thanks for bringing them. 
Can we expect the new version soon (week, month), or are we still in phase of collecting suggestions for it?

I'm always collecting suggestions for the team, but I can't say when they will be implemented.  I know there won't be a release this January.

Ron