Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Watch wont connect to GWD(1.3.1) right after i updated to the latest version. Ideas?

Forums View
Started by Developer akborealisdev , 9500 Seed Jan 27, 2018 17:08 Replies : 2 View : 471 Likes : 0
Im still running GWD on 1.3.1 but when i updated my watch to the latest version , The two wont link anymore. Anybody know why? Also if I update to 1.5.1 what happens to all the TPK files Ive completed in 1.3.1? I have this strange feeling Im going to lose 2 years of work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Tags

1.3.1GWDwontlinktowatch

Board View
r.liechty , Jan 27, 2018 18:06 Post #1 0

This content has been quoted from akborealisdev’s thought.

Im still running GWD on 1.3.1 but when i updated my watch to the latest version , The two wont link anymore. Anybody know why? Also if I update to 1.5.1 what happens to all the TPK files Ive completed in 1.3.1? I have this strange feeling Im going to lose 2 years of work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

First off BACK UP your current work, file changes in 1.4 and 1.5 will update your projects so you can't go back.  Version 1.3 is archived on the download page. You will basically need to rebuild it with 1.5.1 
Ron

Because of caching and file changes under Tizen update, under the conditions below a watch face will have a probelm on Tizen 3.0

1. A watch face made by GWD v1.4.1 or older (let say WatchFaceA)
2. WatchFaceA is installed in Gear Tizen v2.3.2.x or older
3. That Gear device is updated to Tizen 3.0
4. Then WatchFaceA may not operate and be unable to remove .

To prevent this problem 
1. Remove WatchFaceA before Tizen 3.0 update
2. Update your Gear to Tizen 3.0
3. Rebuild WatchFaceA with GWD 1.5,0 or later version.
4. Install WatchFaceA to Gear Tizen 3.0 device.

if you have already updated your Gear S3 to Tizen 3.0 and have problem with this issue, there is no way to fiix it. You need to reset your Gear.

If you got your watch face by a Store download, it should be OK.

Ron
Board View
Developer suterc , 2710 Seed Feb 10, 2018 18:39 Post #2 0
Pardon me if I'm off base here as I'm new to all this.  I have a Gear S2 and have noticed now that I need to have Bluetooth off and connected to Wifi and it works better than ever.  I'm tired of switching back and forth but other than that it always connects.

Curtis