Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

App switcher: only s-voice available

Forums View
Started by Samsung Developer petruuccios , 41700 Seed Feb 22, 2018 18:38 Replies : 9 View : 1276 Likes : 0
Hello everybody, sorry for refreshing old topic in new tread, but the original one is many pages back out of focus.
(there was a thread in past with no closed solution, developer.samsung.com/forum/board/thread/view.do)
Yesterday I also received bad review from a customer, who is facing the same issue on one of my watchface which works well for me and some others and I have not updated it since last summer.
When I asked among friends at work, there is also one, who has gear S3 and can't pick another installed apps using app switcher. It only offers them s-voice.
Plese, has anybody successfully solved this in past?
Do you use this feature at all?
petruuccios choose r.liechty ’s reply as the Best Answer. r.liechty earned +250 SEED. Feb 27, 2018 09:17
Board View
Expert Developer malcolmpe , 16720 Seed Feb 23, 2018 01:30 Post #1 0
That was a thread which i Started on app switcher and had the same problem on my watch face .
Made a watch face with a app switcher which worked for my friends on thier watch but did not work on both my Classic and Frontier
Hope somebody can come up with a solution ,maybe Ron.
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 41700 Seed Feb 23, 2018 05:17 Post #2 0
Can you remember if there was any other watchface, where the app switcher worked for you? Or does your watch do the same with every app switcher?
Board View
Expert Developer malcolmpe , 16720 Seed Feb 23, 2018 10:37 Post #3 0

This content has been quoted from petruuccios’s thought.

Can you remember if there was any other watchface, where the app switcher worked for you? Or does your watch do the same with every app switcher?

Its the same for all faces with the app switcher, in effect the app switcher does not work except for Svoice
Board View
r.liechty , Feb 26, 2018 15:34 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from malcolmpe’s thought.

That was a thread which i Started on app switcher and had the same problem on my watch face .
Made a watch face with a app switcher which worked for my friends on thier watch but did not work on both my Classic and Frontier

the App Switcher requres Tizen version 2.3.2.3 or higher version but I think both Classic and Frontier have that.  I've asked the developer support people about this and they were looking into it.  However, I suggest that you open up a support request at the Samsung Developer Program so you can track it.

When you submit this bug report post a note here and I'll ask to be copied on the support request.

Ron
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 41700 Seed Feb 27, 2018 09:00 Post #5 0
Thanks for advice Ron. The people complaining to me have both tizen 3.0.0.1, software R760XXU2CQL1
Interesting is, that I have the same SW and no problems. One difference is, that I use my gear S3 with Samsung phone, while they use different phone brand.
 I have requested support under request ID #7825
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 41700 Seed Feb 27, 2018 09:26 Post #6 0

Hello, could you please check your SW number and tell whether you are using samsung phone or not?
Board View
Expert Developer malcolmpe , 16720 Seed Mar 01, 2018 03:38 Post #7 0

This content has been quoted from petruuccios’s thought.

Hello, could you please check your SW number and tell whether you are using samsung phone or not?

software R770XXU2CQL1 I USE PIXEL not samsung maybe that is the problem
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 41700 Seed Mar 14, 2018 06:16 Post #8 0
I have received good news from Samsung support:
"Hi Peter,
Thanks for reporting this issue. There was bug in this "App Switcher" and it has been fixed now.
For this software update (with this patch) to go live for the devices, it would take approximately couple of months.
Thanks
Kavitha "

So, some more patience and it should be fixed with one of updates coming to the watch.
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 41700 Seed Apr 10, 2018 11:28 Post #9 0
Hello,
today I have positive feedback from 2 customers, that the app switcher works since recent update.
Thanks for help
Peter