Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

1.5.2 Steps/Distance/Heart rate/Speed/Calorie injectors

Forums View
Started by Developer gj.lammers , 5050 Seed Feb 27, 2018 17:26 Replies : 2 View : 518 Likes : 0
Why not fill only the amount of STEPS and then culculate the DITANCE in KM and MILES, KCAL with the program.

GJ

Tags

Injectors , steps , distance , km

Board View
Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 59310 Seed Feb 27, 2018 17:38 Post #1 0
Probably because the injectors are only for show when running the project, they don't actually do anything except save time when creating images for the store. So why spend a lot of time developing GWD with calculations? 

And calculations are needed for steps, distance and kcal because they are all based on a person's profile (height and weight). Yes, I'm sure they could have used data for a default person however most developers like the customization? For example, I'm 8'10" so my step covers more distance and uses more calories than yours. (OK, slight exaggeration on my height there LOL)

I'm happy they added the injectors they did (would have like to have seen floors).
Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 49420 Seed Feb 27, 2018 21:19 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from stevenbarlowtx’s thought.

Probably because the injectors are only for show when running the project, they don’t actually do anything except save time when creating images for the store. So why spend a lot of time developing GWD with calculations? 

And calculations are needed for steps, distance and kcal because they are all based on a person’s profile (height and weight). Yes, I’m sure they could have used data for a default person however most developers like the customization? For example, I’m 8’10" so my step covers more distance and uses more calories than yours. (OK, slight exaggeration on my height there LOL)

I’m happy they added the injectors they did (would have like to have seen floors).

Totally agree, seems like a waste of time to complicate things, especially considering Dev team has more important things to focus on. Current implementation is all I ever wanted and needed. I don't use floors that much, so it won't trouble me a lot, but even if I did, I could manage with editing the floors in manually. As long as I have Steps, Distance, BPM, Calorie and Speed sliders included, I'm happy.