Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

1.5.2 - fonts are working better!

Forums View
Started by Samsung Developer drazen , 49420 Seed Feb 27, 2018 21:16 Replies : 4 View : 549 Likes : 0
Just want to report that my fonts from previous projects made in 1.5.1 seem to work better in 1.5.2 - for starters, I finally have realistic display in Run window, showing actual Bold, Black, Normal or Thin font variations. In 1.5.1 it would always show only "normal", no matter what the setting was, even tough they would display correctly on the device.
Tags

fonts , 1.5.2

Board View
Expert Developer malcolmpe , 16720 Seed Feb 28, 2018 01:20 Post #1 0

This content has been quoted from drazen’s thought.

Just want to report that my fonts from previous projects made in 1.5.1 seem to work better in 1.5.2 - for starters, I finally have realistic display in Run window, showing actual Bold, Black, Normal or Thin font variations. In 1.5.1 it would always show only "normal", no matter what the setting was, even tough they would display correctly on the device.

BMP fonts not working ptoperly some work others don't, tried to correct the BMP fonts by putting it in the right places, saved it says Digital clock 5 does not have ICU format , so i deleted it . still comes up withe same message

Reinstalled 1.5.1 it wont let me open my watch faces which i just tried the1.5.2

Frustrating
Board View
r.liechty , Feb 28, 2018 17:32 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from malcolmpe’s thought.

BMP fonts not working ptoperly some work others don’t, tried to correct the BMP fonts by putting it in the right places, saved it says Digital clock 5 does not have ICU format , so i deleted it . still comes up withe same message

Reinstalled 1.5.1 it wont let me open my watch faces which i just tried the1.5.2

Frustrating

I'm sorry about your frustration.  I hope you had backup of your projects. I think there is a caching problem with custom fonts for some people.
Did you restart your computer after dong the upgrade to 1.5.2 ?

Ron
Board View
Expert Developer malcolmpe , 16720 Seed Mar 01, 2018 00:20 Post #3 0

This content has been quoted from r.liechty’s thought.

This content has been quoted from malcolmpe’s thought.

BMP fonts not working ptoperly some work others don’t, tried to correct the BMP fonts by putting it in the right places, saved it says Digital clock 5 does not have ICU format , so i deleted it . still comes up withe same message

Frustrating

I’m sorry about your frustration.  I hope you had backup of your projects. I think there is a caching problem with custom fonts for some people.
Did you restart your computer after dong the upgrade to 1.5.2 ?

Ron

I tried 2 of my projects and they are all messed up, I will have to rebuild them but that is not a problem .The real issue is for this problem to be solved.

And yes I have cleared my cache also reset to factory settings and it will download but after 3 flickers it goes back to the stock watch face.Yes I restarted my computer. Also deleted 1.5.2 installed java which I was prompted to and agin reinstalled 1.5.2 it helped with a new project not with the old watch faces I am at a stand still

Another issue is the app switcher will only work for Svoiceand not for any other app  this has been experienced by quite a few people inluding me. When you make a watch face with a app switcher I  cannot test it both on The frontier and the Classic. Please Ron we need some solutions Thanks for all you do

Malcolm

Board View
r.liechty , Mar 01, 2018 17:57 Post #4 0
I think we narrowed the app switcher problem to non-samsung devices.  Apparently it only works with Samsung phones not other Android phones.

The BMP fonts is the flicker problem.  If you can open a tech support request at Samsung Developer Program and narrow it down to the exact font that is causing the problem that would be ideal.  If you attach the file here I can also forward it to the Development team but then it isn't tracked for you.

Ron