Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Watch face stuck in freeze/reboot loop

Forums View
Started by Newbie asgalang , 380 Seed Mar 01, 2018 00:12 Replies : 4 View : 557 Likes : 0
GWD v1.5.2(Win)
Gear Sport
Software Version - R600XXU1AQK4
Tizen Version - 3.0.0.1

Watch face consisted of text and a couple complications.  Active and AOD's work when run virtually/locally in GWD.  Face works on Gear Sport if built with no AOD.  

But if built with either High/Low or both AOD's, the face crashes after a second or two on Gear Sport and then reloads itself only to crash again.  It's stuck in this loop.  
Board View
Samsung Developer s.arefin , 38030 Seed Mar 02, 2018 04:23 Post #1 0
Hi,
Can you share any images of your scenarios, so that other can understand and help.
Board View
Newbie asgalang , 380 Seed Mar 06, 2018 16:44 Post #2 0
Sorry, I'll see if I can get a video of it tonight.  But I did seem to get it working.  If I had to guess, GWD doesn't like text (or too much text) on AOD screens.  

I've attached screenshots of the watchface I made (I apologize if contains graphic language, and I can remove if needed).  Originally I was using plain text for everything, except for the date, seconds, and battery percentage.  Then I ended up slowly converting items/layers to images until it ran on my Gear.  Once running, I just converted everything into images.  

I did test this with other faces and text, and it does look like a lot of text on AOD screens causes watche(s) to freeze/crash and reboot.  But how much text is allowable/acceptable exactly, I still don't know.  
File Attachments
Board View
r.liechty , Mar 08, 2018 16:58 Post #3 0

This content has been quoted from asgalang’s thought.

Sorry, I’ll see if I can get a video of it tonight.  But I did seem to get it working.  If I had to guess, GWD doesn’t like text (or too much text) on AOD screens.  

I’ve attached screenshots of the watchface I made (I apologize if contains graphic language, and I can remove if needed).  Originally I was using plain text for everything, except for the date, seconds, and battery percentage.  Then I ended up slowly converting items/layers to images until it ran on my Gear.  Once running, I just converted everything into images.  

I did test this with other faces and text, and it does look like a lot of text on AOD screens causes watche(s) to freeze/crash and reboot.  But how much text is allowable/acceptable exactly, I still don’t know.  

I am going to send this to our Developer Team but my guess is that the bug is that GWD allows too much text.

Ron
Board View
r.liechty , Mar 14, 2018 16:12 Post #4 0

>> I did test this with other faces and text, and it does look like a lot of text on AOD screens causes watche(s) to freeze/crash and reboot.  But how much text is allowable/acceptable exactly, I still don't know.  

The developer team said that the amount of text you have should not have caused a problem.  Can you submit a project to the Samsung Developer Program as a support request, so they can determine if it is the amount of text or some other problem (maybe triggered by the amount of text).

Thanks

Ron