Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Certification profile won't be generated

Forums View
Started by Newbie news-exchange , 370 Seed Mar 04, 2018 09:51 Replies : 4 View : 666 Likes : 0
Hello,

Summary:
I'm unable to install an application due to the legendary error "Operation not allowed [-4] failed". It seems that the generated certification profile won't be stored accordingly.

In detail:
I own a Samsung Gear S3 and want to develop an application for this device. Therefore I downloaded Tizen Studio 2.2 in 64 bit version. In the beginning I installed the packages for wearables 4.0. After recognizing that the current OS of my watch is version 3.0.0.1 I installed the wearable packages in version 3.0.
I also installed the Samsung Certification Extension as well as the Samsung Wearable Extension.

I created a simple app which is doing nothing - I just want to push the application over to the device to test the whole build chain.

When I click the "Permit to install application" entry in the device manager, it states thet no certificate profil could be found, even so that I have a certificate profile.
When I go to the certification manager and recreate the certification profile by using my Samsung account the certification manager states that the profile has been generated and I can use it to build and deploy apps. If I try to permit the installation again it is complaining once again about no certificate profile. So I entered the certification manager again. My profile is listed but it still states that there is no certification profile available.
After recreation, it again states that now I will be possible again to deploy apps, but it still doesn't work.

I reviewed a lot of different approaches to solve the certification issue. But to me it seems that there is a bug in the certification manager.

I'm using the Oracle JDK 1.8.0_161. And I followed the documentation located at developer.tizen.org/development/tizen-studio/web-tools/managing-projects/certificate-registration to perform the certification.

It tried under Linux Mint 17.3 as well as under Windows 10. Both with the same outcome [By the way: Why is it only allowed to install the Studio under the home directory and not into another directory? In the end at least under Linux it is possible to circumvent the issue by using a symlink].

Does anyone have jet another hint what I could try out?

Tags

CertificationManager

Board View
Samsung Developer shaswatimist , 46430 Seed Mar 05, 2018 10:51 Post #1 0
What happens When you Click on Tools > Certificate Manager ?

Please share Screenshot of the first window you are facing after launching 'Certificate manager'.
Board View
r.liechty , Mar 05, 2018 17:22 Post #2 0
I've seen that other developers have had a problem using the Samsung Certificae.  They seem to have better luck loading onto their personal devices using the Tizen Certificate

There is information on the Tizen Developer Site Creating Certificates.

Ron
Board View
Newbie news-exchange , 370 Seed Mar 12, 2018 20:20 Post #3 0
Ok, I think I found by problem: I builded the application in the beginning by using the wearable 4.0. Somehow I expected the build-chain to update the tpk-package during the build as well - but you have to build it seperatly. So most properly my package was never repacked with the proper certificate and therefore I wasn't able to install anything.
Still there are some bugs/lack of information in the Certificate Manager:
  • It always displays the message, that there is no certificate profile in the workspace
  • After closing nothing will be changed
The device manager complains about a missing certificate as well.

Nevertheless, it is not necessary to hit the "permit to install"-menu entry anymore. Just install the application once it has been placed with the right certificate for the right device.

From what I've read so far,  it seems to me that the certification handling has changed quite much to previous versions. And that not all old routines have been cut off properly. Furthermore there are no information regarding that change or the impact off it.

Board View
r.liechty , Mar 14, 2018 15:37 Post #4 0
You may want to report this go to Tizen Developer Community How to Report Bugs.

Ron