PLEASE NOTE: The Samsung Developer Community forums have been replaced by a improved forum site at forum.developer.samsung.com and are monitored by the same Samsung support team. You will need to use your Samsung account to log into the new forums.

We will keep the Community forums available as read only for some time, but eventually this site will no longer be available. We suggest that you save any information from this site that you find valuable.

CLICK HERE to visit forum.developer.samsung.com

Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Galaxy S9+ GPU/Renderscript error

Forums View
Started by Newbie stelian.morari**** , 320 Seed Apr 03, 2018 16:42 Replies : 2 View : 1582 Likes : 0
I'm working with the Camera2 API and I'm using Renderscript to perform some image processing. Everything works as expected on a range 
of devices(Nexus 5/5x, Pixel, Pixel 2, S8+, Note 8) except for the S9+. 

Basically what I'm doing is creating an `Allocation` to receive camera data and another `Allocation` that will use the camera data, apply a transformation and the display the result on a `Surface` which will act as the camera preview. 
On the S9+ I get a black screen (no preview) and LogCat shows the following error: 

I managed to track down the error to a native library loading issue:

This is only happening on the S9, the other Samsung devices work without any issues.

The S8+ is on Android Nougat(24) and the S9+ is on Oreo(26), both have OpenGL ES 3.2.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

PS: tested on other devices running Oreo without any issues  

I updated the S9+ to the latest version (R16NW.G965FXXU1ARCC) but the issue still remains.

Also, based on comment suggestion, I checked the /vendor/lib64 folder to check if the libbccArm and libccc are present, but only one of them is present:

I actually found libbcc.so in the /System/system/lib64 but the S9+ seems to be missing the 32-bit version (S8+ on the left, S9+ on the right)

Also posted this on StackOverflow.

Tags

renderscript , GPU , android

Board View
Newbie angelo.gallar**** , 210 Seed Apr 20, 2018 09:05 Post #1 0
Hi,
I'm experiencing the same kind of error.
Any update?
Board View
r.liechty_SDP , Jun 04, 2018 15:22 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from angelo.gallarello’s thought.

Hi,
I’m experiencing the same kind of error.
Any update?

I apologize for how long this has taken to respond.  The bug causing this problem has been found and a fix should be public in in the second half of June.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program