PLEASE NOTE: The Samsung Developer Community forums have been replaced by a improved forum site at forum.developer.samsung.com and are monitored by the same Samsung support team. You will need to use your Samsung account to log into the new forums.

We will keep the Community forums available as read only for some time, but eventually this site will no longer be available. We suggest that you save any information from this site that you find valuable.

CLICK HERE to visit forum.developer.samsung.com

Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Problem with playing DRM Widevine content.

Forums View
Started by Developer c**** , 1370 Seed Oct 08, 2018 14:23 Replies : 1 View : 3527 Likes : 0
Hello. I'm trying to play DRM Widevene content and got the problem. Firstly, I did not find a detailed description of this. As far as I understand,  I need to add privileges to config.xml:

<tizen:privilege name="http://developer.samsung.com/privilege/drminfo"/>
<tizen:privilege name="http://developer.samsung.com/privilege/drmplay"/>

Then I need to do the following:

var deviceId = webapis.drminfo.getEsn('WIDEVINE');
var drmParam = "DEVICE_ID=" + deviceId + "|DEVICE_TYPE_ID=60|STREAM_ID=|IP_ADDR=|DRM_URL=" +
licenseServer + "|PORTAL=OEM|I_SEEK=|CUR_TIME=|USER_DATA=";

webapis.avplay.setStreamingProperty("WIDEVINE", drmParam);

The problem is that after adding privileges, I can't run the app on the TV. First privilege requires partner certificate, but if I selecting this certificate in the Tizen Studio, app doesn't start. Found information that partner certificate can only be used on the emulator, there is another problem, function

webapis.drminfo.getEsn('WIDEVINE');

returns an error "NotSupportedError
Please check dynamic library of this pepepr plugin".

Is it possible to debug normally DRM playback?
Thank you.

Tags

DRM , Widevine

Board View
Newbie wize , 210 Seed Jan 02, 2019 18:53 Post #1 0
Hi, I had the exact same issue and it was driving me crazy.
All I had to do was open device manager, right click on my TV and click on "Permit to install applications"