Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Battery drain issue.

Forums View
Started by Samsung Developer petruuccios , 42840 Seed Nov 29, 2017 17:20 Replies : 4 View : 858 Likes : 0
Hello
Since last thursday my watch started to burn battery 4 times faster than usual, while I didnt add any app or watchface, no updates to watch firmware.
I thought it was because I used some apps more than I used before (I left the stopwatch to run more than a day).
Gear app in phone said, the stopwatch consumed 42% of battery. 
So I uninstalled stopwatch. Since then it said, my watchface used 58% of battery (no matter which watchface, stock or my own the same).
I tried -to restart it, -to use it disconnected, -to not wear it.
No matter what I did, it said the same - watchface was the biggest battery user (even while display not being turned on laying on the table). 

Is there any Task manager app/widget for gear devices, so I could discover which app/task keeps the CPU busy? 
If there is not, would anybody be willing to develop such one?

Now I made factory reset (still on tizen 2.3.2.3), but the battery still burns fast.
Now it says, that s-health used 30%, watchface 21%, but it also says, it uses 0% CPU and 0kB of RAM. So where does the energy flow?

Im frustrated already.
Any suggestions please?
Tags

battery , tasks

Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 50000 Seed Nov 29, 2017 23:48 Post #1 0
I came to make the same thread, but you beat me to it. I started getting user comments that the battery life seems very short. And I noticed myself that I had to recharge my watch every day, instead of every 2nd day as before. I have no idea what's causing this, but I'm pretty sure it's not the watchfaces. It's something to do with the latest update.

Now, my settings on the device are same as before (screen on 6 brightness, 15 sec timeout, BT on, wifi off, GPS off). BPM monitor is set to take periodical measurments. 

I have a feeling this is going to be a big problem...

Board View
Newbie rr3 , 210 Seed Nov 30, 2017 02:26 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from drazen’s thought.

I came to make the same thread, but you beat me to it. I started getting user comments that the battery life seems very short. And I noticed myself that I had to recharge my watch every day, instead of every 2nd day as before. I have no idea what’s causing this, but I’m pretty sure it’s not the watchfaces. It’s something to do with the latest update.

Now, my settings on the device are same as before (screen on 6 brightness, 15 sec timeout, BT on, wifi off, GPS off). BPM monitor is set to take periodical measurments. 

I have the same issue. Thought it was my watchface. Guess it's the update... I have to recharge mine twice a day!
Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 50000 Seed Dec 04, 2017 11:49 Post #3 0

This content has been quoted from rr3’s thought.

I came to make the same thread, but you beat me to it. I started getting user comments that the battery life seems very short. And I noticed myself that I had to recharge my watch every day, instead of every 2nd day as before. I have no idea what’s causing this, but I’m pretty sure it’s not the watchfaces. It’s something to do with the latest update.

I have the same issue. Thought it was my watchface. Guess it’s the update... I have to recharge mine twice a day!

Just an update, I rebooted the watch and manually killed all the running apps through the taskbar on the device. Battery life seems to be improved now.

Board View
Developer scottjbenes , 6350 Seed Dec 11, 2017 13:28 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from rr3’s thought.

I have the same issue. Thought it was my watchface. Guess it’s the update... I have to recharge mine twice a day!

Just an update, I rebooted the watch and manually killed all the running apps through the taskbar on the device. Battery life seems to be improved now.

I've had the same issue with my S3 after the Tizen update.  And I rebooted mine as well, which did seem to fix the problem.  That was a couple of weeks ago, and now the problem is back, so I'm trying another reboot.  Almost seems like it's a setting or an app that causing it...