Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Can I open app shortcuts list from my app?

Forums View
Started by Developer dbwlgh628 , 4550 Seed Jan 15, 2018 11:12 Replies : 3 View : 525 Likes : 0

Hi. I'm developing the app which uses shortcut icon of other apps.

While I develop this app, I found a view such as below, which seems very useful for my new app.
(It can be displayed with "Add widget -> App shortcuts -> Edit -> +")

In my guess, this view is a part of built-in Samsung application, and app control API seems able to launch this built-in application via below code.(It is just pseudo code)

app_control_create(&app_control);
app_control_set_app_id(app_control, /* APP ID */);
app_control_set_operation(app_control, /* OPERATION */);
app_control_send_launch_request(app_control, NULL, NULL);
app_control_destroy(app_control);

However, 3rd party developers can not know the properties such as app ID or correct operation, to launch the above app and get the result from it.

Is this allowed action that 3rd party developers launch this built-in application via their application code?

Thanks regards.
dbwlgh628 choose iqbal.sublime ’s reply as the Best Answer. iqbal.sublime earned +250 SEED. Jan 16, 2018 14:34
Board View
Samsung Developer iqbal.sublime , 36630 Seed Jan 16, 2018 06:14 Post #1 0
Tizen api is provided to get the list of app id and other info, i think may be this legal . 
Get list of preloaded app developer.tizen.org/community/code-snippet/native-code-snippet/how-get-list-preloaded-applications
H
ow to Launch other app developer.tizen.org/community/code-snippet/native-code-snippet/launch-another-application
Board View
Developer dbwlgh628 , 4550 Seed Jan 16, 2018 14:34 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from iqbal.sublime’s thought.

Tizen api is provided to get the list of app id and other info, i think may be this legal . 
Get list of preloaded app developer.tizen.org/community/code-snippet/native-code-snippet/how-get-list-preloaded-applications
H
ow to Launch other app developer.tizen.org/community/code-snippet/native-code-snippet/launch-another-application

Thanks. I figured out its app id, and it could be launched via app control.
Board View
Newbie alexblack , 470 Seed Jan 22, 2018 10:55 Post #3 0
Thanks