Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Can I use the Samsung SDK for developing an App for the Samsung Galaxy Gear also?

Forums View
Started by Newbie caroline.john , 670 Seed May 01, 2014 11:28 Replies : 3 View : 9312 Likes : 8
I read that the Wearable-side Widget runs on Tizen-based Samsung Gear devices but since the Samsung Galaxy Gear is android based so my question is could I use the Samsung SDK for the Gear as well or it is only to be used with the Gear 2 which is Tizen based? I am trying to send real time data from the Galaxy note 3 to the galaxy gear and which is the best way to do this?

Board View
Samsung Developer hsyoon73 , 32320 Seed May 02, 2014 05:33 Post #1 5
I think Samsung Wearable SDK is just for Gear2 that it is based on Tizen OS.
And the SDK for Gear1 was not opened. So it is better to buy Gear2 and make Tizen application for Gear2 to get real time data from Note3 device.
Board View
Newbie caroline.john , 670 Seed May 03, 2014 12:28 Post #2 2

This content has been quoted from hsyoon73’s thought.

I think Samsung Wearable SDK is just for Gear2 that it is based on Tizen OS.
And the SDK for Gear1 was not opened. So it is better to buy Gear2 and make Tizen application for Gear2 to get real time data from Note3 device.

Unfortunately I am assigned to work on a project with the Gear 1 so I have to try to get this working with the gear 1 :(
I am not sure if I can use the Samsung Accessory (http://developer.samsung.com/develop#accessory)to periodically send notifications (In my case real time data) to the watch via Notification Relay.

Board View
Developer ls1989 , 3040 Seed May 29, 2014 21:20 Post #3 1
Samsung has announced they are going to switch Gear 1 to run Tizen OS. Can't find link to this info right now