Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Device Manager Exception occurred on startup

Forums View
Started by Newbie bwarre38 , 260 Seed Feb 06, 2018 14:22 Replies : 7 View : 1370 Likes : 1
Hello I am new to Tizen and after downloading Tizen Studio 2.2 I get a notification box when opening up the device manager saying:

"Unexpected exception occured. 
Exception:
Exception in Application start method"

imgur.com/a/da7aL

I have tried clean installing Tizen Studio with both JDK 8U162 and JDK 8U161.

How do I fix this issue?
Tags

DeviceManager , Broken

Board View
r.liechty , Feb 06, 2018 18:48 Post #1 0
Hi. bwarre,

I deleted the inappropriate (I think it was spam) post and your reply.

Some thoughts, I bet others may have more.

This might sound silly but did you reboot after the installation?  I'm Wondering if there is a cache problem.

What system are you running on?

Are you launching this from Tizen Studio link or as the stand alone application?  

Last resort, If you remove the deprecated Device Manager using the package manager does it solve the problem?

Ron

Board View
Newbie nadavgivoni , 740 Seed Feb 12, 2018 23:38 Post #2 0
Have you resolved what the issue to this problem is?  I've got a similar issue. 

Thanks!
Board View
r.liechty , Feb 13, 2018 17:48 Post #3 0
I thought this problem sounded familiar and there was another thread about this.

The solution seemed to be to get Tizen Studio from Tizen.org not from Samsung web site.

I've found Device Manager - it appears right in studio, if I download it from tizen.org, not from developer.samsung.com because this site is old version of studio.

Be sure to reboot after installation.

Ron

Board View
Newbie nadavgivoni , 740 Seed Feb 22, 2018 21:38 Post #4 0
Ron, 

Thanks for the reply,  I've gone ahead and followed your instructions, however, I still can't seem to get that device manager to load...any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
Board View
r.liechty , Feb 23, 2018 17:23 Post #5 0

This content has been quoted from nadavgivoni’s thought.

Ron, 

Thanks for the reply,  I’ve gone ahead and followed your instructions, however, I still can’t seem to get that device manager to load...any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Does it run as a standalone app from Tizen Studio Folder in the Windows All Programs menu.  

Ron
Board View
Newbie dave , 730 Seed Mar 06, 2018 03:44 Post #6 1
I just solved the problem. 

I deleted Java 9 on my PC. Apparently the Device Manager only runs with Java 8 from Oracle. 

Board View
Newbie hugocporter , 350 Seed Mar 21, 2018 12:28 Post #7 0
When you find such kind of error that is a run time error in the application and only a developer can solve this. You can refer some technical college writing service , whether there is any solution that a user can understand and solve. But, what I suggest is to take this issue to the developer and ask him to resolve and tell him that the error never repeats.