Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Did not get a certificate

Forums View
Started by Newbie TDIg**** , 720 Seed May 18, 2019 06:29 Replies : 1 View : 115 Likes : 0
After a SW update on my Gear S3 (50DE) I can not connect the watch designer to my PC because the 'Device is not yet registered'. I requested a new certificate but did not get any response until now, more than 12 hours later.

Is this normal, that it takes that long? If not: What I have to do? Request again a certificate or is there any contact 'person' I can ask for help?
Board View
r.liechty_SDP , May 18, 2019 14:55 Post #1 0

This content has been quoted from TDIg****’s thought.

After a SW update on my Gear S3 (50DE) I can not connect the watch designer to my PC because the ’Device is not yet registered’. I requested a new certificate but did not get any response until now, more than 12 hours later.

Is this normal, that it takes that long? If not: What I have to do? Request again a certificate or is there any contact ’person’ I can ask for help?

Yes when you upgrade to a new OS version (or factory reset) you will need to install a new Distributor certificate. When you request a distributor certificate you will get it almost immediately ir all is working.

Are you by chance on Windows 7, if so you need to install the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer the seller office software requires that.  This is the most common reason for not getting a Distributor Certificate.  If you can load GWD onto a Windows 10 device and get the distributor certificate that was that is also an alternative, however I am not sure you can upload to the store if that is your intention.

If that isn't the problem please include some more information on just where and how this happens.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program