Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Gear s3 record voice through microphone and send to companion app

Forums View
Started by Expert Developer ilker , 15790 Seed Jan 20, 2018 20:18 Replies : 5 View : 719 Likes : 1
Hi,

I want to develop an Amazon Alexa interface on the Gear S3.
First I need to record voice and then send it to my companion app running on the Android side.
How can I record the voice ?
after recording it, shall I be able to send it through SAP ?

thanks.
Tags

record , alexa , amazon

Board View
Samsung Developer shaswatimist , 46430 Seed Jan 22, 2018 09:49 Post #1 1
Please go through VoiceRecorder sample app from Tizen Studio. It contains code snippet corresponding to voice recording and saving it as an amr file. You may send that file to your Android app using SAP. Please go through FileTransfer sample app from SAP SDK samples. Hope it'll help you.
Board View
Samsung Developer bugajny.andrzej , 34430 Seed Jan 25, 2018 12:50 Post #2 0
Here you can find nice tutorial developer.tizen.org/development/guides/native-application/media-and-camera/raw-audio-playback-and-recording
Board View
Expert Developer ilker , 15790 Seed Feb 01, 2018 11:31 Post #3 0
voicerecorder is a very complex sample.
It is written in a manner that includes several js file and makes undertsanding very difficult.

I checked to see what it does after recording is stopped.

it fires the event "recording.done" in the main.js
then the show() function is called in the preview.js 

but I still could not find where the file is recorded.

it says:
audio.src = detail.audio;

so, does this have the path to the recorded file ?
if yes, I can send it to the android phone using SAP file transfer.

Board View
Expert Developer armaan.ul.islam9 , 23930 Seed Feb 02, 2018 13:38 Post #4 0
I guess the Web Recorder sample isn't storing the voice into fileSystem, May be it's just storing the buffer on local variable as the size is kept fixed and little.

Most Probably the Web API used in this Tizen Web application is general Web audio recording procedure, may be using getUserMedia() API. If you developing a web application then search in the internet for voice recording Web API. It doesn't need to be Tizen API explicitly; any Web API to record audio would do if Tizen web supports  it.

And If you are interested in Tizen Native application then, There's Tizen Media Recording API:
https://developer.tizen.org/development/guides/native-application/media-and-camera/media-recording
Board View
Expert Developer ilker , 15790 Seed Feb 07, 2018 20:58 Post #5 0

This content has been quoted from armaan.ul.islam9’s thought.

I guess the Web Recorder sample isn’t storing the voice into fileSystem, May be it’s just storing the buffer on local variable as the size is kept fixed and little.

Most Probably the Web API used in this Tizen Web application is general Web audio recording procedure, may be using getUserMedia() API. If you developing a web application then search in the internet for voice recording Web API. It doesn’t need to be Tizen API explicitly; any Web API to record audio would do if Tizen web supports  it.

And If you are interested in Tizen Native application then, There’s Tizen Media Recording API:
https://developer.tizen.org/development/guides/native-application/media-and-camera/media-recording

ok but why not ? I mean why do I need another sample ?