Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

GWD 1.5.2 Release

Forums View
Started by Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 59310 Seed Feb 26, 2018 04:37 Replies : 18 View : 881 Likes : 7
GWD 1.5.2 drops today. 

Make sure you back up all your files and keep a copy of 1.5.1 in the event you need to roll back to it; and only open backup copies of your existing GWD files until you know what 1.5.2 will do to them!

No weather on the Fit2 yet apparently :(
Board View
Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 59310 Seed Feb 26, 2018 04:43 Post #1 0
Release Notes:

[Known issue]

* Mac OS Command + Q hotkey makes program exit without asking to save current job.
* The following features are not yet supported on Gear S :
    1) Launch after install
    2) Always on mode
    3) Steps % source
    4) Change language of Digital Clock component
    5) Timezone, Calendar property
    6) Connection over Bluetooth.
* The following .psd features are not yet supported.
    1) Group
    2) Show/Hide status
    3) Effects
* Arabic language doesn't support ICU format 'EEEEEE'(six 'E', two-letter abbreviation).
* Readonly attribute of Text and Combo control are ignored in the Mac PC when use specific language(ex: Vietnam).

[v1.5.2_beta] 20/02/2018

* Added Gyro X and Y property to support individual control.
* Added new Sample projects and Complication preset that includes Gyro Effect.
* Increased text component left-pad property range max from 4 to 6.
* Added Steps/Distance/Heart rate/Speed/Calorie injectors to the Run window.
* Fixed precision property not working issue on Temperature text in the device.
* Fixed 'Select all' language property issue that property is cleared when reloading the project.
* Added watch face uninstall functionality on the device.
* Fixed value roundup issue when 'Step %' condition used in the Condition window.
* Fixed 1 sec delay issue in the device when Loop is used.
* Fixed version compatibility popup text not correct issue when installing watch face(that Km/Mile or Multi-language is used) to the Gear Fit, Fit2 Pro device.
* Fixed native viewer flickering issue after 3.0 FOTA.
* Changed a .gwd file schema to increase functionality. (Therefore, a new project can't be loaded in v1.5.1 or previous version.)
* Fixed build stop issue at 40% that happens on the specific PC.
* Added button action support for Hand component.

Board View
Developer bsewall , 1060 Seed Feb 26, 2018 06:47 Post #2 1
Do you have a link to download old versions? I'm having issues running 1.5.2 on my 2011 MacBook Pro with 10.12.6
Board View
Developer ph.cazaux.moutou , 8720 Seed Feb 26, 2018 07:59 Post #3 0
What a desappointment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing expected
Gyro !! what interest ????
Board View
Developer info , 6430 Seed Feb 26, 2018 12:11 Post #4 0
yes. where can we download v 1.5.1 ?
Board View
Developer as , 3240 Seed Feb 26, 2018 14:45 Post #5 0
"Added button action support for hand component" 

Nice, but doesn't work. If you make several hands and turn them all into buttons (to change their graphics), only one works. They all work in the GWD preview, but only one works on the watch. Do you guys actually test your software before rolling out updates?? 

Board View
r.liechty , Feb 26, 2018 14:57 Post #6 2

This content has been quoted from bsewall’s thought.

Do you have a link to download old versions? I’m having issues running 1.5.2 on my 2011 MacBook Pro with 10.12.6

It's on the same page http://developer.samsung.com/gear/design/watch-designer

just click on the down arrow and all the older versions are listed and available.

Ron

Board View
Developer ph.cazaux.moutou , 8720 Seed Feb 26, 2018 16:04 Post #7 1

This content has been quoted from r.liechty’s thought.

Do you have a link to download old versions? I’m having issues running 1.5.2 on my 2011 MacBook Pro with 10.12.6

It’s on the same page http://developer.samsung.com/gear/design/watch-designer

just click on the down arrow and all the older versions are listed and available.

Ron

3 months to go from version 1.5.1 to version 1.5.2 and for what in ????????
Nothing !!!!!!!!!!!
You make fun of the world
To get out of the Galaxy all! month you are very strong !!!!!!! but then the !!!!!!
Board View
Developer randypenn , 5900 Seed Feb 26, 2018 16:57 Post #8 0

This content has been quoted from as’s thought.

Nice, but doesn’t work. If you make several hands and turn them all into buttons (to change their graphics), only one works. They all work in the GWD preview, but only one works on the watch. Do you guys actually test your software before rolling out updates?? 

It works. I just made a simple watch face with only a second hand and was able to switch between different second hands on the watch.
Board View
Samsung Developer petruuccios , 41700 Seed Feb 26, 2018 17:35 Post #9 2
Great news, finally the testing sliders for various data.
Also the new gyro features. I will have fun with experimenting for the whole week :)
Board View
Developer info , 6430 Seed Feb 26, 2018 18:54 Post #10 0
in most cases because of the top layer. if you make a button on the Hand that lays on top layer only that will work. i also figured that out. depends how big the hand gfx is.
Board View
Developer info , 6430 Seed Feb 26, 2018 18:55 Post #11 0

This content has been quoted from r.liechty’s thought.

It’s on the same page http://developer.samsung.com/gear/design/watch-designer

Ron

thx Ron. that was important Information.
Board View
Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 59310 Seed Feb 26, 2018 19:15 Post #12 0

This content has been quoted from randypenn’s thought.

This content has been quoted from as’s thought.

Nice, but doesn’t work. If you make several hands and turn them all into buttons (to change their graphics), only one works. They all work in the GWD preview, but only one works on the watch. Do you guys actually test your software before rolling out updates?? 

It works. I just made a simple watch face with only a second hand and was able to switch between different second hands on the watch.

Works in GWD for me too, although I can't see a use for it when I can only change one hand color. But I can't load it to my S2 because I get the following message:

((((( Love how most of the pop up boxes don't support TITLE text headings, and the grammar is incorrect LOL )))))

Install stop 

This device doesn't support some features which current watch face contains. Remove that features and rebuild, or upgrade your device.

- Current watch face version : 3.0.0.0
- Device platform version : 2.3.2.2
Board View
Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 59310 Seed Feb 26, 2018 19:26 Post #13 0
Added Steps/Distance/Heart rate/Speed/Calorie injectors to the Run window...

Why on earth if they went to the trouble to do this, they neglected to add an injector for FLOORS (and the other text elements)?

Is it because that count doesn't actually work for most customer?? :)
Board View
Developer randypenn , 5900 Seed Feb 26, 2018 23:43 Post #14 1

This content has been quoted from stevenbarlowtx’s thought.

Added Steps/Distance/Heart rate/Speed/Calorie injectors to the Run window...

Why on earth if they went to the trouble to do this, they neglected to add an injector for FLOORS (and the other text elements)?

Is it because that count doesn’t actually work for most customer?? :)

LOL - You stole my punchline! I was all set to reply with your last line and then I read what you wrote.
Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 49420 Seed Feb 27, 2018 02:58 Post #15 0

I'm just gonna say one thing: HALLELUYAAAAH!!!

Ok, actually I'm going to say a few more. I've been pestering the Dev team about this for months and I am so happy that I finally don't have to Photoshop in all the various numbers, so I feel I have to give credit where credit is due. It's been a long wait, but better late then never! Thanks!

P.S. Also have to give credit to Ron, cause I'm positive his intermediation had a role in this :)
Board View
Developer randypenn , 5900 Seed Feb 27, 2018 07:31 Post #16 0

This content has been quoted from drazen’s thought.

I’m just gonna say one thing: HALLELUYAAAAH!!!

Ok, actually I’m going to say a few more. I’ve been pestering the Dev team about this for months and I am so happy that I finally don’t have to Photoshop in all the various numbers, so I feel I have to give credit where credit is due. It’s been a long wait, but better late then never! Thanks!

P.S. Also have to give credit to Ron, cause I’m positive his intermediation had a role in this :)

I'll second that Hallelujah! I have been pestering them about the step goal rounding up for I don't know how long. Huge thanks to the dev team for fixing this. Now my step goal doesn't show complete at 99.5% anymore. Hurray!!!
Board View
Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 59310 Seed Feb 28, 2018 20:43 Post #17 0
Ron,

There's at last one additional feature added to GWD that wasn't in the list of published improvements, and I wanted to say thanks to you and anyone else that assisted with getting new features, and the bugs fixed, in 1.5.2. Love it so far! Steve
Board View
r.liechty , Mar 01, 2018 18:04 Post #18 0

This content has been quoted from stevenbarlowtx’s thought.

Ron,

There’s at last one additional feature added to GWD that wasn’t in the list of published improvements, and I wanted to say thanks to you and anyone else that assisted with getting new features, and the bugs fixed, in 1.5.2. Love it so far! Steve

I noticed that several of the things reported here got fixed or added and were not mentioned.  Things like the TTF ttf problem.

Ron