Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

How to make the RUN clock larger?

Forums View
Started by Developer dani7554 , 5810 Seed May 17, 2019 01:02 Replies : 9 View : 397 Likes : 0
I appreciate the flexible dial sizing of the PROJECT window.clocl.  Is there a way to manipulate the RUn window dial so it can be enlarged while it is running?
Board View
r.liechty_SDP , May 17, 2019 16:08 Post #1 0

This content has been quoted from dani7554’s thought.

I appreciate the flexible dial sizing of the PROJECT window.clocl.  Is there a way to manipulate the RUn window dial so it can be enlarged while it is running?

There isn't anyway to do this now.  Is there some special reason that you'd like it enlarged, I ask because I will suggest it and if I give a rationale for it, it is more likely to be acted on sooner than later.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program
Board View
Developer dani7554 , 5810 Seed May 17, 2019 19:16 Post #2 0
Ron,
One of the things that irratates me about highend watches is that the second hand often misses the index hash marks. But I get that being the watches are physical and are prone to being bumpted which can throw the movement and dial slightly out of alignment. In the digital realm there is no excuse for the hands missing the index marks. That being said, I like to expirament with different index patterns. I like also to confirm that I have the second and minute hands hit all the marks dead center. I use a 24" monitor mow and have a dard time telling if the s and m hands are hitting the marks as squarely as I'd like. A larger run dial would help...
Thanks,
Dan
File Attachments
Board View
Developer scottjb**** , 9020 Seed May 17, 2019 19:23 Post #3 0
I had this problem with the index creation tool in GWD.  No matter what I did, they were never dead on.  I now make my index marks in my graphics software.  I make index marks for the entire watch face, then just import it as an image.  Works perfectly.  I think the problem lies in the index tool that you can use to create index marks on the face.  Doing it this way also gives you more control over how the marks look on the face (shadows and shading etc.).
Board View
Developer dani7554 , 5810 Seed May 18, 2019 02:56 Post #4 0

This content has been quoted from scottjb****’s thought.

I had this problem with the index creation tool in GWD.  No matter what I did, they were never dead on.  I now make my index marks in my graphics software.  I make index marks for the entire watch face, then just import it as an image.  Works perfectly.  I think the problem lies in the index tool that you can use to create index marks on the face.  Doing it this way also gives you more control over how the marks look on the face (shadows and shading etc.).

Wow! I thought I was the only one who noticed the hands missing the GWD generated marks. I thought I was seeing things...
Thanks,
Dan

Board View
Samsung Developer Peter.Petruuccio , 90470 Seed May 18, 2019 14:40 Post #5 0
Remember the watch display is 360px wide, which is even number. Whenever an index mark or hand of odd number width is added, it will never be pointing precisely centered.
Also the run window shows the screen in 1:1 ratio. Every zoom other than even multiplication (2:1, 4:1 ...) will end in inaccurate interpretation of pixels interlaced to match custom ratio.
Board View
r.liechty_SDP , May 18, 2019 15:12 Post #6 0

Ron,
One of the things that irratates me about highend watches is that the second hand often misses the index hash marks. But I get that being the watches are physical and are prone to being bumpted which can throw the movement and dial slightly out of alignment. In the digital realm there is no excuse for the hands missing the index marks. That being said, I like to expirament with different index patterns. I like also to confirm that I have the second and minute hands hit all the marks dead center. I use a 24" monitor mow and have a dard time telling if the s and m hands are hitting the marks as squarely as I’d like. A larger run dial would help...
Thanks,
Dan

Thanks,  I could assume that there are more items that user wish to see in finer detail now even if it wouldn't be apparent on the watch.  I'll pass this on.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program
Board View
Developer dani7554 , 5810 Seed May 30, 2019 02:44 Post #7 0
Ron,
My apology for not responding sooner. I've attached a screenshot of a simple 60 minute line index.  Notice the guide lines. Then notice the orientation blocke intersexting as one would suspect from a digital circle intersected by perpenduclar lines. Once you have verified the match up of these markers take a close look at the index marks at the 4 intersections of the index circle. The index marks are off the mark by a whole width of the mark. This is very frustrating when ttying to create a precision watchface that hits all the marks dead center.
Dan

File Attachments
Board View
Developer dani7554 , 5810 Seed May 30, 2019 02:49 Post #8 0
Not to be nosey but what graphics program do you use? I typically use 3. Each quickly preforms a certain task the way I want. But not so quickly on other tasks...
Dan

Board View
Developer dani7554 , 5810 Seed Jun 06, 2019 02:28 Post #9 0

Ron,
My apology for not responding sooner. I’ve attached a screenshot of a simple 60 minute line index.  Notice the guide lines. Then notice the orientation blocke intersexting as one would suspect from a digital circle intersected by perpenduclar lines. Once you have verified the match up of these markers take a close look at the index marks at the 4 intersections of the index circle. The index marks are off the mark by a whole width of the mark. This is very frustrating when ttying to create a precision watchface that hits all the marks dead center.
Dan

Ron,
My apology, I tried using the ready-made index images and they are dead on. For some reason when an index is formed from the individual elements the misalignmernt shows up.

I will use the ready made indexes going forward...
Thanks for your patience,
Dan