Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Programmatically launch companion app

Forums View
Started by Developer juliomap61 , 1190 Seed Feb 18, 2018 10:15 Replies : 2 View : 480 Likes : 0
I think it is a burden for my users to need to launch the mobile app independently from the watch side app.

How can I launch one of them from the other?

So, for example, when the user launches the watch APP, automatically the mobile app is launched, or vice-versa.

I am using Samsung Accessory tookkit, and I understand that the server side it is always listening, so I should be able to send something that wakes the server side APP. ¿Is this possible?
Tags

launchprogrammatically

Board View
Samsung Developer iqbal.sublime , 36760 Seed Feb 19, 2018 06:16 Post #1 0
You may see the Rich Notification SDK. Send Notification from Android with an Action Button... After clicking on the Notification on Gear launch the Gear companion app.
developer.samsung.com/galaxy/rich-notification/guide
Board View
Samsung Developer bugajny.andrzej , 34430 Seed Feb 19, 2018 09:51 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from juliomap61’s thought.

I think it is a burden for my users to need to launch the mobile app independently from the watch side app.

How can I launch one of them from the other?

So, for example, when the user launches the watch APP, automatically the mobile app is launched, or vice-versa.

I am using Samsung Accessory tookkit, and I understand that the server side it is always listening, so I should be able to send something that wakes the server side APP. ¿Is this possible?

If you use SAP try to add handler in your sap service which receives command to launch companion app. I suppose you would like to launch an Activity.