Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

sample helloaccessory app fails to install

Forums View
Started by Developer dutchslab2000 , 1150 Seed May 05, 2014 00:36 Replies : 6 View : 9204 Likes : 11
If I unzip the sample HelloAccessory app, and try to deploy the unmodified HelloAccessoryProvider, it fails with "Failed to install the app".

I'm assuming the real fun starts here:

05-04 17:27:15.961: DEBUG/ICHostManager(7139): installApkToWearable: mHMProviderService value: com.samsung.android.hostmanager.service.HMSAPProviderService@425d2ae8

Around 17:27:27 is when I get the above failed error message on my Android device.

The output of the logcat is shown here: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/cad64587bbe8f0ebe9f8/raw/gistfile1

FTR, Applications_for_Emulator/HelloAccessory/Install apk/HelloAccessoryProvider.apk installs fine. If I unzip it, grab the .wgt from it, and place it in the assets directory of my consumer, and then compile this new .apl, I still get the same error as above.

So I'm assuming some signatures/certs dont match somewhere? I have no idea where to start, as the docs are not helping me resolve this... Any help is appreciated!

TIA

Tags

gear , tutorial , installation

Board View
Samsung Developer rohit.joshi26 , 32150 Seed May 05, 2014 07:26 Post #1 3
Have you read the "Guidelines on how to develop Gear Apps" ? this document clearly mentions how to install and run HelloAccesory. 
http://developer.samsung.com/samsung-gear

To install and run HelloAccessory:
1. Select the HelloAccessoryProvider.apk file.
2. In the menu, select Run as Android Application.
The HelloAccessoryProvider.apk is installed and run on the Host device.
When the installation is complete, the HostManager sends the HelloAccessoryConsumer.wgt file from the
assets folder to the WearableManagerService on the wearable and it installs the
HelloAccessoryConsumer.wgt file. (Even if the Host-side application is installed using ADB, the Wearableside widget is installed automatically after the Host-side application finishes installing properly.)
Note: The Host device must have the Gear Manager installed and must be connected with the Gear
through a Bluetooth and Samsung Accessory Protocol(SAP) connection.

Board View
Developer dutchslab2000 , 1150 Seed May 05, 2014 07:52 Post #2 2
Hi Rohit-

I'm trying to compile it and deploy it to my physical device.  If I just run the pre-existing .apk file, yes, it deploys to my physical device fine. But when I try to compile my own .apk, it fails with the info provided in the forementioned gist.

I am trying to figure out why it is not deploying to my device when I personally compile it.

TIA

This content has been quoted from rohit.joshi26’s thought.

Have you read the "Guidelines on how to develop Gear Apps" ? this document clearly mentions how to install and run HelloAccesory. 

When the installation is complete, the HostManager sends the HelloAccessoryConsumer.wgt file from the
HelloAccessoryConsumer.wgt file. (Even if the Host-side application is installed using ADB, the Wearableside widget is installed automatically after the Host-side application finishes installing properly.)
Note: The Host device must have the Gear Manager installed and must be connected with the Gear

Board View
Developer dutchslab2000 , 1150 Seed May 05, 2014 07:56 Post #3 2
For example, in the gist, I see this, right before the first failed install message:

05-04 17:27:22.217: DEBUG/HMSAPProviderService(7139): HandleWappsInstallResultResponse() returnCode = 2
05-04 17:27:22.217: DEBUG/HMSAPProviderService(7139): HandleWappsInstallResultResponse() where = 2
05-04 17:27:22.217: DEBUG/HMSAPProviderService(7139): HandleWappsInstallResultResponse() installation failed.

Any hints here? What is returnCode 2?

TIA

This content has been quoted from dutchslab2000’s thought.

Hi Rohit-

I’m trying to compile it and deploy it to my physical device.  If I just run the pre-existing .apk file, yes, it deploys to my physical device fine. But when I try to compile my own .apk, it fails with the info provided in the forementioned gist.

I am trying to figure out why it is not deploying to my device when I personally compile it.

TIA

Board View
Samsung Developer rohit.joshi26 , 32150 Seed May 05, 2014 10:37 Post #4 2
If you are running your app on the physical device then you need to sign your app. 
You can find more detailed for the certificates in Help Contents of the IDE(Help Contents > Getting Started with Tizen Wearable > Development Environment > Tizen SDK for Wearable > Certificates).
Board View
Developer dutchslab2000 , 1150 Seed May 09, 2014 06:24 Post #5 1
I have now received my credentials from Samsung, registered them with the IDE. I am still having the same error when I deploy this new signed .wgt to the gear2 via the android app. Complete info is here: developer.tizen.org/forums/general-support/signed-wgt-still-not-installing

What can be the issue now that I have installed the certs? Steps to verify I have the proper config, etc, would be very useful.

TIA

If you are running your app on the physical device then you need to sign your app. 
You can find more detailed for the certificates in Help Contents of the IDE(Help Contents > Getting Started with Tizen Wearable > Development Environment > Tizen SDK for Wearable > Certificates).

Board View
Newbie max , 270 Seed Oct 28, 2014 11:51 Post #6 1
I have this problem too. :(

This content has been quoted from dutchslab2000’s thought.

I have now received my credentials from Samsung, registered them with the IDE. I am still having the same error when I deploy this new signed .wgt to the gear2 via the android app. Complete info is here: developer.tizen.org/forums/general-support/signed-wgt-still-not-installing

What can be the issue now that I have installed the certs? Steps to verify I have the proper config, etc, would be very useful.

TIA