Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Samsung Galaxy s3 not showing up on my computer

Forums View
Started by Newbie howland_josh , 440 Seed May 06, 2014 04:56 Replies : 5 View : 6390 Likes : 13
Hi all,

I am creating a new thread on this because there is no clear resolution, and the solutions offered in other threads did not work for me.

I have a samsung galaxy s3 for development.  It is a verizon phone, but is not activated (shouldnt matter for development).

It does not show up on any of my computers.  I have tried for about 20 hours now to install new drivers/mess with the phone/do pretty much anything on the various threads online to get the phone to even show up on my computer, let alone work with adb & android studio to let me test my apps.

I even ordered a powered 5V usb hub, as some of the threads online said this would help make it show up.  Well it didnt.  Neither did installing kies, samsungs driver on windows, enabling USB debuggin on the phone, or like a thousand other things.

Also, whenever I plug the phone it, NO OPTION FOR PC FILE TRANSFER SHOWS UP in the pull down menu.  I am lost as to what to do next; the only viable option I see is throwing the phone out of my window and never messing with samsung again.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Board View
Samsung Developer cjbijoy , 37520 Seed May 06, 2014 05:31 Post #1 4
So your device is not even showing up on the device manager.
Since you tried drivers and other settings, I doubt the activation part. Carriers can control anything with respect to device.
If they enable your usb connectivity only during activation through some configurable item, that is pretty much possible.
Board View
Newbie howland_josh , 440 Seed May 06, 2014 05:56 Post #2 3
So your saying its likely that if the phone is not activated, then it blocks its usb connectivity ability?

This content has been quoted from cjbijoy’s thought.

So your device is not even showing up on the device manager.
Since you tried drivers and other settings, I doubt the activation part. Carriers can control anything with respect to device.
If they enable your usb connectivity only during activation through some configurable item, that is pretty much possible.

Board View
Samsung Developer cjbijoy , 37520 Seed May 06, 2014 08:53 Post #3 3
Yes, carrier can have this capability.
Board View
Newbie Jolene53524 , 570 Seed Jan 09, 2015 11:31 Post #4 2
Hey, my guess is it could be a driver-related issue. This problem may be resolved by teinstalling a new USB driver for your computer.
As for me, I've always get drivers from here: http://tinyurl.com/oubez72. There're almost all kinds of driver listing by brands. You may get what you want from here.
Good luck
Board View
Newbie Antone068 , 360 Seed Jan 15, 2015 03:11 Post #5 1
Hey, my suggestion is you can get a new USB driver from this download site: http://tiny.cc/85kfsx, if there're no available drivers on Samsung's official website. There seemed to have all kinds of drivers you would need.
Hope this could work. Good luck.