Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Samsung Gear Watch Designer install

Forums View
Started by Newbie voltenbas , 150 Seed Jan 01, 2018 22:18 Replies : 4 View : 770 Likes : 0
Clearly I'm a noob. Have never done any coding and have always used a PC.

I have a Macbook Pro running OS Sierra 10.13.2.

I cannot for the life of me to install Samsun Gear Watch Designer.

I get this message:

See the log file
/Applications/GearWatchDesigner/GearWatchDesigner.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/1514844247725.log

I access the /var/log file but have no clue what to do from there.

I made sure Java is running version 8 as the other thread says to do but still no luck.

I installed it on my PC and it runs, but the fonts and menus are all messed up it's unusuable.

Thanks for you help.

Tags

GearWatchDesignerInstall

Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 50000 Seed Jan 01, 2018 23:56 Post #1 0
Fonts and menues being messed up sounds like an issue with high resolution screen. What screen are you using? Is it 4K? I recall there were several threads with people finding different workarounds for high-resolution screen issues, but you're going to have to dig around. As for the Macbook pro, can't help much, sorry. 
Board View
Samsung Developer shihabyasin , 50550 Seed Jan 02, 2018 06:48 Post #2 0
Hi,

Check minimum requirements:

Code

Requirements

Microsoft Windows® 7 or later (32- or 64-bit), Apple Mac OS® X 10.8(Mountain Lion) 64-bit or later

At least dual-core 2 GHz of CPU

At least 2 GB of RAM memory

At least 1 GB of free disk space

JRE (Java Runtime Environment) 1.8 or later. 32-bit JRE is required if you are use Windows.

1280x1024 resolution (higher resolution recommended)

Make sure all are properly met.
Link: http://developer.samsung.com/gear/design/watch-designer

Thanks.

Board View
r.liechty , Jan 02, 2018 16:05 Post #3 0
Check out this thread for the the Mac problem, I think the key is editing the info.plist

Gear Watch Designer windows on Mac Os Sierra on start not responding

Frank 
>> Finally got it to work. Set jdk8_65 in the info.plist of gear watch designer and now it works
I opened Gear Watch designer Apllication details on right click in Finder.  In detail show package content. Than editted info.plist with textedit.
There is an area with commented jdk Versions. I uncommented one and set my Path jdk8u_65.jdk which is the jdk Version I installed.
This forces gwd to use this jdk version. You can try other versions but with jdk 9 it does not work for me.

Carlysilver
>>It took a few weeks, but I was finally able to get GWD to work on High Sierra!

I had to go through ensuring all Java versions (JRE or JDK) were removed (I used these instructions to ensure I got ALL versions cleaned off:https://www.howtogeek.com/230145/how-to-uninstall-java-on-mac-os-x/).

Uninstalled GWD

Restarted

Installed JDK 8u151 (8u152 does not work for some reason even if you change the info.plist): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Confirmed JDK was installed accurately using the same instructions for the java uninstall above.

Reinstalled GWD

And finally it works and responds to keyboard and mouse inputs!

Board View
Newbie kev.gray , 260 Seed Jan 06, 2018 22:48 Post #4 0
This solution worked for me! Thank you for this post!