Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Updating a watchface

Forums View
Started by Developer hennet.nailo , 9330 Seed Dec 22, 2017 14:29 Replies : 2 View : 974 Likes : 1
Hi guys, 
what is the right procedure to update a watchface? Ex: i already made a watchface which is available on the store, i made a 1.1 version, should i go straigh to ''add binary'' and upload the new version or i should delete the v1.0 and then add 1.1? Currently i'm just adding binaries so i have like v 1.0 - 1.1 - 1.2 binaries in some watchfaces and here there's another question: the guy who already purchased the older version (v1.0), will get the new version (v1.2) which has just been approved by the evaluation team for free? Because i have an older version of my own watchface but the gear store won't let me update for free.

Thanks and Merry Christmas :D
hennet.nailo choose drazen ’s reply as the Best Answer. drazen earned +250 SEED. Dec 23, 2017 00:56
Tags

binary , upload , watchface

Board View
Samsung Developer drazen , 50000 Seed Dec 22, 2017 22:25 Post #1 1
When you build the updated version, it has to have a higher version number entered in GWD manually in Build Project window - there's a Version option, just enter 1.0.1 or something, depending on what you first version was numbered. The package name MUST stay the same as the original version.

Go to Seller store, click on the "update" option of the watchface you want to update. DO NOT delete the old binary - in fact, leave all the old binaries alone. They can stay online.

I usually like to manually rename both the TPK and the GWD project files and keep the originals as backup. I strongly suggest you do this.

Add the binary.

Go back to "App Information" window, you will have the new window called "New feature" - here you can enter what your update is about. Once you add all the info, click on "Submit": The process is same as the first time you added the watchface. It will go through review, testing and then if everything is ok, it will get approved. As long as it's not approved, your old watchface will stay online and be shown in the store.

Don't be surprised if your updated watchface gets rejected over something that is present in the original watchface. Sometimes I get a rejected watchface over something like "you font is too small", even though it's like 5th version of the same watchface with same font size. Just try uploading again.

Once the watchface is approved, your customers will have the option to update for free. That's it. 

Best of wishes to you as well!

Board View
Developer hennet.nailo , 9330 Seed Dec 23, 2017 00:57 Post #2 0

This content has been quoted from drazen’s thought.

When you build the updated version, it has to have a higher version number entered in GWD manually in Build Project window - there’s a Version option, just enter 1.0.1 or something, depending on what you first version was numbered. The package name MUST stay the same as the original version.

Go to Seller store, click on the "update" option of the watchface you want to update. DO NOT delete the old binary - in fact, leave all the old binaries alone. They can stay online.

I usually like to manually rename both the TPK and the GWD project files and keep the originals as backup. I strongly suggest you do this.

Add the binary.

Go back to "App Information" window, you will have the new window called "New feature" - here you can enter what your update is about. Once you add all the info, click on "Submit": The process is same as the first time you added the watchface. It will go through review, testing and then if everything is ok, it will get approved. As long as it’s not approved, your old watchface will stay online and be shown in the store.

Don’t be surprised if your updated watchface gets rejected over something that is present in the original watchface. Sometimes I get a rejected watchface over something like "you font is too small", even though it’s like 5th version of the same watchface with same font size. Just try uploading again.

Once the watchface is approved, your customers will have the option to update for free. That’s it. 

Best of wishes to you as well!

Thanks this is very helpful :D