Subscription preference

Notification emails are sent to your Samsung account email address.

* Email : anonymous@samsung.com

Close

Using GWD for Watch Faces Gear Fit2

Forums View
Started by Newbie suzannerod , 460 Seed Feb 20, 2018 17:57 Replies : 5 View : 673 Likes : 0
I have just tried the Gear Watch Designer and made a couple of watch faces for my Gear Fit2.
How do I actually install them ON my gear fit 2 so I can use them now?
I don't want to sell them or distribute them at all, just want to start using them on my Gear Fit2 watch.
Regards,
Suzanne

Board View
Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 59310 Seed Feb 20, 2018 18:16 Post #1 0
F9 - Run on Device, or see attached image.

Note, the scan never works for me. I always reboot the watch and get the IP address from the connections, then manually enter it. Often have to reboot computer as well but eventually your device will show in the list and you click on it to load your face...
File Attachments
Board View
Newbie suzannerod , 460 Seed Feb 20, 2018 18:24 Post #2 0
Thank you for your quick reply.  When I scan for device I can never find my GearFit2 even though I have it connected to my phone and my phone connected to my computer via USB cable.
In the event that I DO get it connected and show the watch face on my GearFit2, how do I make it STAY on the watch once I disconnect it from my computer?
In other words, does your procedure actually download the watch face TO my GearFit2 so I can use it permanently once I design it?

This content has been quoted from stevenbarlowtx’s thought.

Note, the scan never works for me. I always reboot the watch and get the IP address from the connections, then manually enter it. Often have to reboot computer as well but eventually your device will show in the list and you click on it to load your face...

Board View
Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 59310 Seed Feb 20, 2018 18:29 Post #3 0

This content has been quoted from suzannerod’s thought.

Thank you for your quick reply.  When I scan for device I can never find my GearFit2 even though I have it connected to my phone and my phone connected to my computer via USB cable.
In the event that I DO get it connected and show the watch face on my GearFit2, how do I make it STAY on the watch once I disconnect it from my computer?
In other words, does your procedure actually download the watch face TO my GearFit2 so I can use it permanently once I design it?

Make sure your watch is connected to the WiFi network, and manually enter that IP address into the IP box. As I said the scan never works, hit the + key to manually enter the IP address. I often have to do that 5 - 20 times to get it to connect... Probably depends on the strength of the WiFi signal.

The phone connected to the computer doesn't help sorry, and you don't even need your phone connected to your watch :(    GWD will load the watch face to your watch via Wifi and it will stay there until you factory reset your watch. When your watch connects to your phone via Bluetooth, the watch face will load to your Gear app.
Board View
Newbie suzannerod , 460 Seed Feb 20, 2018 18:41 Post #4 0
Super.
Can I design more than one and download them to my GearFit2?
I have created 4 watch faces that I would like to use in addition to the ones I already have. (I like to change watch faces frequently).
So I have these 4 I created and want to push them all to my GearFit2, will that work using GWD?

This content has been quoted from suzannerod’s thought.

Make sure your watch is connected to the WiFi network, and manually enter that IP address into the IP box. As I said the scan never works, hit the + key to manually enter the IP address. I often have to do that 5 - 20 times to get it to connect... Probably depends on the strength of the WiFi signal.

The phone connected to the computer doesn’t help sorry, and you don’t even need your phone connected to your watch :(    GWD will load the watch face to your watch via Wifi and it will stay there until you factory reset your watch. When your watch connects to your phone via Bluetooth, the watch face will load to your Gear app.

Board View
Samsung Developer stevenbarlowtx , 59310 Seed Feb 20, 2018 18:47 Post #5 0
When you build your project (F10) make sure the Package Names (com.watchface.*****) are different/unique for each watch face otherwise they will overlay on your watch.